Are they overgrooming him

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdoc

Chris
Reaction score
I noticed the tips of Bandy's ears look as those they have fur missing. They look pink bit I have checked his ears and they look fine. My other two are are always grooming him, could they be overdoing it :confused: This is my trio together

1393708952618.jpg

1393708969890.jpg

1393708993377.jpg

You don't see any flaking or anything inside the ears?

Overgrooming is definitely a possibility. Now, how to prevent it :? Tell Houdini to quit that :p

It looks like they might be over doing the ears a bit. A dab of petroleum gel or a drop or two of lime juice in the fur there may discourage them from grooming his ears so much.

Jenny,I checked inside as I immediately thought of mites but they look healthy. I have told both Houdini and Snowy to stop cleaning him so much, they are always grooming him, funny seeing their little faces stuck in all that fur. I will try the petroleum jelly if it helps in putting them off.

I don't know that petroleum jelly would be a good idea. Not only could it just make a big greasy mess, but it may just encourage them to groom the area even more to clean him off. If you can find that bitter apple spray at a petstore, and it is safe to put on the skin, that may work. The problem is that anything nasty enough to discourage grooming, may not be safe for the skin or for ingestion, and anything less than that may just encourage even more grooming.

Yes, I did actually think about it afterwards and yes on Bandy it would be a bit of a mess. It's a hard one and I can't really prevent them grooming each other, that wouldn't be good either. Who said having bunnies was easy lol :p

Latest posts

Back