Are they bonded??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSketchyBunnies

Reaction score
With My Rabbits... Where Else Would I Be?!?!
Hi everyone! For the last 18 days or so I have been bonding my bunnies. (Fixed male & female as of a few months) They have been doing great! No fights at all, not even looking like they are thinking about fighting. I am not interfering at all. They are always cuddling together and eating together. They seem to totally be fine with each other’s company. The only thing I am concerned about is they mount each other to show dominance every now and then. At first when I started bonding them they mounted each other about 2-3 times each. Then my female started to mount more then my male. Anyway they haven't mounted each other for the last few bonding sessions and when one does it to the other they don’t seem bothered. I am going to move back into my room today and so are my rabbits. We completely redid my room. Tile instead of carpet, new paint, and I am going to completely clean out the cage to go into my room. I want to clean their cage & put them both in & watch them for the rest of the day. Is this okay? I need to move them into my room today anyway, just wondering if I can put them together yet. (It would be better if I can put them together today because it will seem like a neutral territory.

Thanks so much!
-Kaylor

I would go ahead and move them to your room. They sound like they are bonded. Also, once they are bonded there will still be some humping for a while. Just like little arguments that a newly-wed couple would have.

Yes. You have the right idea of having them go into the newly neutral space together. Just wipe down the cage really well.
Another tip is to take anything from the space they've shared during bonding time (a mat, perhaps) and place that in the cage as well. The more items, the better. Hopefully that will help them associate the new space with their bonding space.

Yes. You have the right idea of having them go into the newly neutral space together. Just wipe down the cage really well.
Another tip is to take anything from the space they've shared during bonding time (a mat, perhaps) and place that in the cage as well. The more items, the better. Hopefully that will help them associate the new space with their bonding space.
Thank you @Blue eyes, great idea!!

I am so excited to have them bonded!

Attachments

• 2A955B42-E1DE-4E11-A6AB-0BB1BE37C038.jpeg
    2A955B42-E1DE-4E11-A6AB-0BB1BE37C038.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1
  • FB8DF9D4-03B0-49D3-9B3C-AEBFBDEC9659.jpeg
    FB8DF9D4-03B0-49D3-9B3C-AEBFBDEC9659.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 670A9317-4433-4FCA-BAD3-9F8F43347AA0.jpeg
    670A9317-4433-4FCA-BAD3-9F8F43347AA0.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 1