Are these snacks actually good for buns?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaleehill

Reaction score
I started giving my bun these about a month ago but had someone tell me that he shouldn’t be having them, but I cant trust the opinion of just one person. The internet gives me mixed thoughts, what do you guys think? He’s a Netherland Dwarf 5/6 months

Attachments

• C0BFCB0B-E4D2-454C-B76A-E3A600AD078E.png
    C0BFCB0B-E4D2-454C-B76A-E3A600AD078E.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 10
  • ACA1D5C6-7F43-4284-BB47-C1F3852DB1B4.png
    ACA1D5C6-7F43-4284-BB47-C1F3852DB1B4.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 10
I would avoid the treats, better to just buy herbs, use fresh fruits, pellets or dried fruits or herbs as treats.

My bunnies have a stash of dried fruits which myself also eat 😂 They get them on special occasions for example nail trimming, going to the vets and so on. Otherwise it will be different greens and pellets as treats.

They can get a taste of the fruit I’m eating and I have no problem letting them getting a small piece.

I would stay away from them because they are full of added sugar. Rabbits have very delicate digestive tracts and giving them so much sugar may cause them to go into Gi stasis. I agree with Hermelin and JoeyTheRabbit, find some herbs and fresh/dried fruits to use as treats.

Neither are good for a rabbit. Unfortunately the makers of these treats seem to lump rabbits in with rodents. Rabbits are not rodents and should not be eating seeds or corn. The hulls of corn kernels can cause gut impaction -- a painful death for a rabbit.

The first treat pack shown contains both corn and wheat -- neither good for rabbits, let alone "healthy" as the packaging claims.

The second pack contains honey and various seeds -- not good for rabbits either. Seeds should not be fed to rabbits (except for occasional BOSS - black-oiled sunseeds).

Here's some further info on finding appropriate treats:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/treats.html

I would avoid the treats, better to just buy herbs, use fresh fruits, pellets or dried fruits or herbs as treats.

My bunnies have a stash of dried fruits which myself also eat 😂 They get them on special occasions for example nail trimming, going to the vets and so on. Otherwise it will be different greens and pellets as treats.

They can get a taste of the fruit I’m eating and I have no problem letting them getting a small piece.
Awh that’s actually adorable eating snacks with the buns haha, so stealing this idea! Thank you for the help! I feel bad taking these from him because they literally are his favorite but I should have done my research first anyway :(( ! Thank you! Cant wait to find new things for him to share!

Neither are good for a rabbit. Unfortunately the makers of these treats seem to lump rabbits in with rodents. Rabbits are not rodents and should not be eating seeds or corn. The hulls of corn kernels can cause gut impaction -- a painful death for a rabbit.

The first treat pack shown contains both corn and wheat -- neither good for rabbits, let alone "healthy" as the packaging claims.

The second pack contains honey and various seeds -- not good for rabbits either. Seeds should not be fed to rabbits (except for occasional BOSS - black-oiled sunseeds).

Here's some further info on finding appropriate treats:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/treats.html
Awesome ! Thank you for explaining what is the bad parts, i’ll be sure to look out from now on! I hope my past giving him these doesn’t effect the future, but he has healthy hay poops so i’m hoping he will be okay! He’s acting all perfect though, and I didn’t over load him on it atleast

Awh that’s actually adorable eating snacks with the buns haha, so stealing this idea! Thank you for the help! I feel bad taking these from him because they literally are his favorite but I should have done my research first anyway :(( ! Thank you! Cant wait to find new things for him to share!

I often share things with my bunnies, I even throw sallad under the table while I eat and always make sure that I can give them the sallad I eat. So me and my bunnies have the habit to snack on things.

It’s the same when I watch movies, I will eat something my bunnies can eat quite often.

Your bunny won’t be sad, you can always find better and more natural treats. They will still love eating it ☺️

I agree with everyone else! I tend to avoid feeding treats found in pet stores! If you’re looking for safe bunny treats, I’d definitely check out small rabbit treat business online! Fluffybunnyconfections, bohobunnyco, kikisbinkery, bobunnysbuffet - a few of my USA favs 🙈

I have found Imperfect foods is a great way to keep veggies in the house, now we have such an abundance I am eating healthier too! No joke I actually made an egg omelet with kale the other day, I had never cooked with kale prior to order imperfect foods for our bunny, lol.

If you're interested:
They deliver fresh produce straight to your door all while helping to combat food waste! Together we can make a difference. Claim your $10 credit here: http://imprfct.us/v/tyler_2475

Latest posts

Back