Are these okay to feed to my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyRabbits

Reaction score
I've read that Chard is okay for rabbits to eat. But when I went to the store to buy some for Bunny to try there were two different kinds and I wasn't sure if they are okay for her to eat.

There was Swiss Chard and there was this type called Lights Chard that was chard that were all different colors like someone ejected ink from a bunch of highlighter markers into them. They were bright colors of pink, yellow and green.

Are these okay to feed to my rabbit? I'm iffy about feeding them to her since some types of a vegetable aren't okay, rabbits not being allowed iceberg lettuces but can eat the other types like Romaine or Boston for example.

Also is eggplant alright to feed her? I saw it on a list of vegetables a rabbit can eat and gave a little to her the last time my mom made eggplant for dinner and she didn't appear to get sick from it. But I found it on a list of toxic foods a rabbit should never be given.

I have read on several lists that SWISS chard is ok for bunnies (it's also on the House Rabbit Society link below). I've never heard of the multi-colored light chard you are referring to, so I'd be nervous to try that. I have read somewhere that eggplant was ok as long as you didn't include the leaves because they are toxic- I don't remember where I read it though. I imagine they should be fed uncooked too.

http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html

Hope that helps :eats:

I use a chard mix that has swiss (the green), red, and yellow. Because of the oxilates it is not a stedy part of their diet, but the kids like it. Also feel spinach and kale on occasion. My opinion is that the more veriety they have in their diet the more robust their tummies will be so less prone to upset. So far so good.

Latest posts

Back