Are there any fellow Breyer lovers out there?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I used to collect Breyers when I was a kid. I have recently sort of rediscovered them, and have found out that I am actually pretty good at making halters for them too, LOL. So I wanted to share a couple of pics and see what you guys thought of it.

Here is some of my collection of Breyers:

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Here are the leather halters I have made:

004.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

And here is one I made with ribbon:

002.jpg

So what do you guys think? Do they look realistic? They are actually pretty fun to make, too. And who else collects Breyers, and what models do you have?

I used to be really big into collecting Breyers. I sold a lot of my special edition ones and the rest of my collection is still at my parent's house. I don't even know where half of them went! lol

I know what you mean! I know I have more than what I have on dispaly, but I can't seem to find them anywhere in the mass chaos that is our storage space.

My noteworthy models were:

- "Third Time's A Charm" - 3rd in Breyer's Connoisseur series
- Some blue wedgewood model (the fox trotter model)
- A bronze shire/draft horse (it's the "classic" size, but it is made of bronze, not painted like that). Very rare, from my understanding...
- A couple signed ones
- I had a couple of the old Arabian family sets
- Silver Fox (blue colored Fjord)
- A couple of the mini-breyerfest pieces (they had Horsin' Around in Minnesota).

Those are all that I can think of :p

002-1.jpg

I have the middle black one in this picture. I used to play with mine as a kid and was dumb and painted their hooves with nail polish. :grumpy: I think I have about 8 altogether though.

I have lots of model horses; Some are Breyer, some are Grand Champion.

I LOVE your halters!!! Lol. If I get some new model horses for xmas, you should make me some halters and I'll pay for them for ya. lol. I need some realistic ones, not the plastic ones without a lead rope! Lol.

Emily

Well, I have been Ebaying those halters, Emily, if you want I can pm you the link to the one I have up right now, it's the two tone leather one on San Domingo.

I only have one, but I'd like a couple more! The one I have is a traditional sized foal, Footloose:

AnimalFigurines096.jpg

I think he's adorable. There are I think 3 other foals and I want them too!

Edited to say, I also have a pair of tiny Breyer Stablemates, the mare is only about 2.5 inches tall.

AnimalFigurines091.jpg

I think they're cute, but I probably won't get anymore because Schleich horses cost less and are nicer.

Kherrman3, we totally should have a nerdy bunny/fish/Breyer get together or something. Geez, what else do you do that I do? D&D? Board games? Anime?

Ok all my Breyers are still at my parents house but I really don't have any place for them and don't want to dust them all. Maybe if I Ebay some and just display my favorites... my mom wants them out of the house, lol.

Gentle Giants, that buckskin with the red ribbon halter was one of my first Breyers. I remember making Arabian-type halters for him out of embroidery floss.:D

Hehe, I used to make embroidery floss Arabian halters for my pinto "proud" Arabian stallion lol

I don't do D&D :p, I like board games (Scrabble all the way!) and I am watching anime as we speak :p I am not so into anime as much as I used to. I still have a few of my DVD sets :p

The models are really nice, I'm not too sure if they do Breyer here, they do Schleich though and that's what I collect.

I used to collect Breyers just for the fun of it. But I just lost the desire after I stopped being so involved with horses and riding. It's a shame really.

(Left to right)
Super old Appaloosa that my mom used to play with when she was a child, Paint horse, Smarty Jones, Hidalgo, Barbaro, unknown retired thoroughbred and unknown retired Arabian. I also have one more not pictured, Zippo Pine Bar.

DSCF0002.jpg

Hey, Happi Bun :) The one all the way to the right is Huckleberry Bey, I think. I have that model, too! Isn't the one to the right of Hidalgo the thoroughbred racer, Cigar? It looks like him!

I really miss looking at my Breyers! I think I posted in another Breyer thread on here that I have around 300 of themin my parents' basement. Most of them are still in their original boxes too. I think when I get a place of my own I'm going to sell most of them and display my favorites.

-Kathy

Latest posts

Back