Are you vegan?

• No, but I want to be

• No, I don't want to be

• No, but I am vegetarian

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
I’m a whole food plant based which is more strict then vegan, but it is for my health. Watch Firks over Knives on Netflix.
I perceive none of us would want to return and live on the planet as gentle herbivores. The world can be extremely cruel to defenseless beings and plant-consumers. I think we have the FOK DVD, and I'll have to pull it out again and watch. For folks in Korea, they don't care that dogs are being eaten.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Advocates for Animals, An inside look at some of the extraordinary efforts to End Animal Suffering by Lori B. Girshick.

pg. 150, on the issue of objects we put into our mouths. "It's ludicrous that we're the ones who embrace compassion and try to reduce suffering, yet we're the ones labeled as extremists. And the norm [are] the ones who are slitting throats, causing the torture and suffering, out hunting. That's normal? Hunting, shooting a bow through them and letting them suffer, is normal? Meanwhile, just eating vegetables is extremist?"

Interesting points brought up in this book! You may want to check it out or loan thru library system.

Another note, "got 'im, he's still flopping" relating to the rabbit killing tournaments in the state.

Ridiculing humans who have domestic rabbits in addition to killing cottontails.

Kale Passfield

Reaction score
I actually eat rabbit myself. I dont breed to eat though. I have a good distinction between pet and wild game rabbit as a hunter. I see theres a difference between domestic and wild cottontail

Blue eyes

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay seriously guys?

This topic was doing fine.
This is not a topic to argue about which animals you should or shouldn't kill and why. Any further discussion about that will result in warnings and bans. And is not acceptable to argue with each other over WHY you feel people should be Vegan or eat meat.
Advocates for Animals, An inside look at some of the extraordinary efforts to End Animal Suffering by Lori B. Girshick.

pg. 150, on the issue of objects we put into our mouths. "It's ludicrous that we're the ones who embrace compassion and try to reduce suffering, yet we're the ones labeled as extremists. And the norm [are] the ones who are slitting throats, causing the torture and suffering, out hunting. That's normal? Hunting, shooting a bow through them and letting them suffer, is normal? Meanwhile, just eating vegetables is extremist?"

Interesting points brought up in this book! You may want to check it out or loan thru library system.

Another note, "got 'im, he's still flopping" relating to the rabbit killing tournaments in the state.

Ridiculing humans who have domestic rabbits in addition to killing cottontails.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
We rehabbed orphaned/injured cottontails through the Wildlife Center for numerous years. Then we transitioned to domestic rescue; have done so for approx. 17 years. I can see if you have no connection to the helpless, vulnerable critter (who licks your nose) and regains good health, an animal that responds to you, your voice, or brings you immense joy while seeing them nibble grasses, or binkying in the yard, that you have disconnect in killing them.

I came upon a man while hiking in the neighborhood who spotted a cottontail in the city area; he began to say what type of weapon he'd use to kill the e/c. A discussion about our years doing cottontail rehab and then owning lagomorphs as pets began. Perhaps he walked away with different thoughts due to our discussion.