Are male rabbits friendlier than females or vice versa?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Behavior' started by foreverblue127, Mar 31, 2011.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Aug 1, 2012 #21

Ellie

Ellie

Ellie

Sorry this is somewhat off topic.. but what a beautiful picture SnowyShiloh!

2. Apr 14, 2019 #22

Reese_loves_her_bun

Reese_loves_her_bun

Reese_loves_her_bun

I find that males tend to be nicer (and less territorial) than females, but obviously there’s always exceptions and personalities differ from rabbit to rabbit.

3. Apr 16, 2019 #23

C. LeClaire

C. LeClaire

C. LeClaire

Supporting Member

I️ own a NETHERLAND dwarf female and male. She was aggressive until she was spayed. Now she is a sweetheart, he was always sweet. I️ also own a holland lop buck and doe. He is friendlier but she isn’t mean, just stand offish. Neither has been fixed yet. I️ think the does get hormonal around 4 months of age.

4. May 13, 2019 #24

My Bunny Drake

My Bunny Drake

My Bunny Drake

My male is very socialized, thought my friends male is very shy, and her female is very social and will jump to you. Great question! I think it depends on the bunny.

5. May 14, 2019 #25

Lionheadloady

Lionheadloady

Lionheadloady

I love my male holland and I have two females. Although my male just went through puberty and is constantly jumping my leg and honking lol he is getting neutered after he is done breeding in our program.

6. May 14, 2019 #26

Lionheadloady

Lionheadloady

Lionheadloady

7. May 15, 2019 #27

Whiterabbitrage

Whiterabbitrage

Whiterabbitrage

Supporting Member

Our female is super friendly and kissy. She and I have many games and snuggles, but she will freak with excitement if my boyfriend goes by. She acts just like she has a crush on him I’m the one who spends the most time with her, brushes her, feeds her and snuggles with her. But she just loves John to pieces! She runs circles round his feet and always binkies with joy when he comes to see her

8. May 16, 2019 at 4:37 PM #28

somebunnylovesme

somebunnylovesme

somebunnylovesme

Every rabbit has there own personality. They do experience emotions like jealously, happiness, sadness, anger etc...
    My rabbit has push other animals off peoples lap because he wants all the attention.
    I had to leave for 5 weeks and when I came home he turned his back on me gave me the cold shoulder.
    He was angry at me for almost 2 months. He wouldn't listen, respond or sit next to me. Then one day he let it all out by having a temper tantrum. He was grabbing things of mine an throwing them around. This lasted for about 1/2 hr. . After his tantrum he was back old self. I was shocked

Imbrium likes this.
  9. May 17, 2019 at 8:05 AM #29

Imbrium

Imbrium

Imbrium

Jennifer

We've had 2 males and 4 females over the years. Both sexes are usually quite friendly if spayed/neutered and socialized/bonded with well. Somebunnylovesme is right, every rabbit has their own personality. It's like asking whether male or female humans are friendlier, you know?