Are gel capsules safe for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodluck getting a rabbit to eat a capsule. Its not going to happen.
If youre going to use a product like that, best thing would be to open the caps and sprinkle them on something the bunny likes. There are alot of other pet cranberry prodcts out there.

we just give ours the ocean spray craisins as treats. (actually only to our older bunny). The one thing is there *is* sugar added which I just realized so I'm not going to be giving as many. :p

Those capsules don't contain that much, anyway. I think you'd be better off giving raw cranberries or putting some unsweetened cranberry concentrate in the water. Health food stores should carry the latter or you can find it online. Just don't give the sweetened stuff.

You can give them fresh cranberries. They taste terrible to humans, but the buns love them. No sugar added.

I give my rabbits a concentrated green product to increase their immune systems. It comes in a capsule, but I just open it and sprinkle over breakfast. They gobble it down.

Latest posts

Back