Are dried basil leaves okay for rabbits? For example, the basil seasoning container.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was figuring out what herbs I could feed my rabbits and I have cilantro, oregano, rosemary, mint and dandelions(they’ve been cut by the guy who cuts our grass there’s none as of right now). I know those are all safe but I have this seasoning that apparently is only basil leaves. They’re dried. Are they okay for rabbit consumption?

They are safe, but only if they are organic because some companies will add preservatives that are not safe.

Well, when I look at the ingredients it just says “basil leaves”. This is from “supreme tradition”. It doesn’t say anything abt anything being added.

They arent dangerous but there is no point in offering them. Just give fresh basil it would be far more appreciated and actually nutritional for your rabbit. Growing basil is super easy.
We have chickens and they like to dig up anything we try to grow. It would be impossible lol I’m just looking for things to feed my Louie. Since there’s no nutritional value I’ll just stick to feeding cilantro and other fresh herbs.

Latest posts

Back