Are Citrus Leaves Safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
Can my buns have citrus leaves? Citrus blossoms? What about dried citrus branches/twigs?

Hugs!

Shorty, Star & Krick

WOW ! hmmmmmm citrus leaves, I have no clue ? I dont knowwhat the make up of the branches, leaves .flowers are , I dont even knowif they are toxic but I will do a searchand see what i can find ? I know the skin of thefruit is acidic . let me get back to you .

Taken fron Petplace.com

You can further enrich your pet’s life by providing him with rawuntreated citrus branches or untreated scraps of wood on which they canchew.

I wasnt able to find anything about leaves though :? Maybe Gypsy will find something better about the leaves :)

~Amy

I wouldn't of thought so because rabbits canteat citrus fruits because they contain too high a acid PH I don't knowwhat the PH is in the leaves so I would stay clear of them.

Ya I have never given them to my pets, Ijust found that off the internet, I would ask your rabbit savvy vetbefore feeding your rabbits something you dont know much about :D

~Amy

I have searchedand searched I cant find anything onthe branches nor the leaves of citrustrees . JMO but if it isnt listed as aproven food I personallywouldnt feed it out , I wouldbe Leery not knowing what conciquencesit can cause , Where guiniapigs can have it im not too sure about rabbits. I wouldnt even suggest tryingit .

Latest posts

Back