ARBA show in Poplarville Jan 26

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnie

Reaction score
Will anyone be at this show? It will be my first ARBA show and I am very excited. I have 1 rabbit now and another is being picked up Sunday!

Poplarville, MS

Nope will not be there. If I go to any this year, it would just be to hang with friends that i have not seen in a couple of years (since I stoped showing). I MIGHT go to crosby or HLSR but that is it. woahlookitsme will you be at either?

Well... Don't pick please, I kept mini rex when I was in high school and showed them with 4H... But at the current I only have 1 dutch doe. I am picking up a mini rex doe Sunday and hopefully can work with her and get her into the upcoming show.

Apparently with ARBA shows you put the rabbit in the cage and that's it? In 4H we actually handed the rabbit for the judge, then the judge handled the rabbit. Also do ARBA shows have a showmanship class?

Forgive me, I am new at the pro showing.

545105_428894077183885_154527934_n.jpg

6646_428894087183884_2143046166_n.jpg

No flash and then flash, her eyes are not red. I really like her, but have never dealt with dutch. She needs a good brushing, I havent gotten a brush yet, but I pet her all the time. I think she may be molting? She will be in the JR class so she still has some filling in to do and I have started her on all-you-can-eat timothy hay.

4-H has both breed judging (exhibitor puts rabbit on table and judge examines it) and showmanship (exhibitor handling the rabbit). ARBA is primarily breed judging, however a few shows do sponsor showmanship competitions. ARBA shows at the state and national conventions have royalty contests that include showmanship.

Thank you. What do you think of.that rabbit? I have a.few things I.hope.change as she grows but I would love feedback.

She has a nice blue color and markings look pretty clean. I can see some rusty spots so she may be just stained or molting. We would need maybe a face shot and one of her stops and underside to see the rest of the markings though. Post pics of your new mini Rex and make sure you learn how to pose it from the breeder! Congrats!

And I'll be at both shows lauren :)

3507_427445417328751_1544280751_n.jpg

I took this a few days ago when I was working with her, not the best shot because of lighting but you can see more of her markings.

Thanks, I also noticed those spots and I think she is molting :( but I am going to show her anyways, I don't know when I will be able to make another show and this one is very close for me.

533641_427445363995423_1249780528_n.jpg

224990_424145454325414_1563080787_n.jpg

These are blurry and off but they are the best pictures of her from the front I have, I can take some more with better lighting.

Will I show this rabbit or will I put her in a cage and the judge show her? I have been working with her.

From those pictures its hard to see. My friend who raises dutch said she looks long and flat in body type. From the belly picture its hard to tell anything but he said the stops look fine but the cheeks might be hooked. I would talk to the judge when you are done with the dutch show and ask them to show you what to look for and how to judge one. If it is an ARBA show then all you do is find your comment card or where to put your rabbit and stick her in a coop. The judges in a show aren't supposed to know who's rabbit is who so you just leave them there and a judge comes around and judges the class. Watch how he judges them and dont be afraid to ask questions when they are done. They generally love to help others!

Thanks!! I think the flyer for this show says its a "No comment" show, but I am sure I can hunt down a judge. I thought her markings were good, but I also thought her type was off in her head. She is just 13weeks so not sure if any of that will change. Thanks for the help, hope to see you at the show!

58206_429833177089975_233435853_n.jpg

386669_429833250423301_258554125_n.jpg

Photos from the breeder of my mini rex doe! I pick her up tomorrow!!

I would NOT buy that mini rex. It is a bad one if I have ever seen one. I raised and showed mini rex for 4 years and am friends with one of the top breeders of them in the country. The coat does not look any good. The coloring is off and so is the shape. He has no depth and is long (I believe I was never good at describing what was wrong with them. I just know a good one when I see one). To me that would be a cull rabbit that would go to a pet home or something else.

The breeder told me she is a pure.castor.and she has a pedigree. On my phone forgive the typos. I just picked her up. He said she was a good show prospect for me and both of her parents have won. So I am very confused by the comments here.

The pictures make her look much lighter than she is. She.is so beautiful.

She is definitely castor. I don't think she's the best but may mature great.

I saw castor too. I would just be worried about the shoulders. Mini Rex should peak right after the ears and into a nice rise. Her hindquarters look fine but I'm worried her shoulders and midsection are too long.

Shoulders are a hard problem to fix in any rabbit. How much are they wanting for her?

When I showed Mini Rex I showed only Castor collored ones. (I often had the only castors at the show). The short haired rabbit in my picture is a castor mini rex retired show bunny that i breed. IF that is supposed to be castor colored it is WAY to light in color. I am sticking with what my initial thought was (that you bought her cull). You can not believe everything you are told. That rabbits will most likely NOT be showable or do any good at any show.

Latest posts

Back