Applied to university!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
So today, I officially finished my application to Kansas State University. My major (until I, according to every adult I know, inevitably change my mind...) is Life Science with an area of interest in pre-veterinary medicine. Once I earn my bachelor's degree I'll (hopefully!) continue on to vet school. I'm a nervous wreck right now!:panic: Wish me luck...

No, not ED. But my school counselor basically said "If you want to go to K-State, that's the only place you need to apply. They WILL accept you." I asked if I should be applying at other schools and he said "Only if you're not sure you want to go to KSU." So I don't know. He's been getting kids into KSU for like 30 years, I figure he knows what he's doing.

Good luck! When I applied for college, I heard back from one school in less than a month! I hope it's just as fast for you.

The school I wanted sounds like KSU--it was pretty much a lock that I would get in. I applied to another school just in case and ended up getting accepted to both. It was nice to have a "back up" though, JUST in case.

Yeah, I think I might apply to Oklahoma State just in case. I love both universities with all my heart, KSU is just a LOT closer. My dad lives about an hour away from OSU and my cousin goes there, though, so it wouldn't be too bad. But, since I was taken out of Oklahoma when I was younger, (read: dragged out kicking and screaming) I would have to pay out-of-state tuition for OSU. I think it kinda broke my family's heart that it wasn't my first choice. It kinda broke my heart too... :(

Kansas is rolling admissions, right? (If I recall correctly they were the first school that accepted me and then called me about every 2 weeks to ask if I'd made a decision until several months later I was accepted to and decided to attend Cornell).
I think Kansas is also one of the schools with an early admissions option into vet school where your vet school classes can count towards finishing up your bachelor's.

One bit of pre-vet advice, don't major in pre-vet (because if you change your mind about vet school, there's not much else you can do with a "pre-vet" major).

Also, definitely look at the entrance requirements for any vet schools you're hoping to attend early on and plan your classes accordingly. Especially note that some schools require a C- prerequisite grade but most require at least a C. Cornell is a minimum of a C- so all along they said get at least a C-, don't retake it and do better in something else. Well then I applied to vet school and the schools I could apply to were limited by those C-'s in general and organic chemistry.

That is SO awesome and I wish you luck. I never went to college. I think it is fantastic to have such great ambitions.

Let us know. My fingers and bunny ears are crossed for you :)

Good Luck! My school was also like Kansas. Sam Houston didn't even require an essay which was fine for me LOL. I love this school although it is taking me forever to finish I will hopefully be graduating in the Spring. I am also applying to vet school next october. It is a long road but if you are dedicated it is well worth it.

No essays?? Man, I did it wrong when I applied! I apparently applied to all of the wrong places! I was writing two or three essays per school! Not counting a personal statement and a cover letter! And that wasn't even grad school! Dang, you're lucky!!!

Q-tip wanted me to tell you to tell your bunnies that "college is fun...well...at least the type of college Mommy goes to. It's like a college for people who did college already! We have our own apartment with a roommate and a bird and we get to run around all day!"

Apparently she's excited for you, too!

Latest posts

Back