Apple wood

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I have been offered some tasty fresh off the treeapple wood, but my mamma is too embarrassed to come on this board andask about pesticides, so for my insatiable need to chew I would like tohave this wood...and therefore must ask-------> Is it okay tohave it if it was sprayed last spring with watered down pesticides? Thebig hairy tree man said it was, but I am a little leery of this.

Much bunny kisses

Jezebel

I wouldn't take the chance, Cher.

I know I'm overprotective, but if it isn't okay, the price is too high.

You can cook out bugs if it wasn't treated with pesticides. By puttingthe wood into a 375 oven for 1/2 hour, any bugs inside would die, butpesticides, even watered down, is a horse of a different color. Woodabsorbs like a sponge.

-Carolyn

You know, we probably eat worse ourselves, whatwith all the processed and genetically modified stuff we ingest, andthe buns may eat just as badly if we don't wash the fruit or greens wegive them, but, somehow, "knowing" there was pesticide on the woodwould make me leery. God forbid, something should develop!

Just my two cents worth.

Buck

Thanks guys :) I was very very leery of this, buthad to ask since I was ASSURED it was more than okay (but then again,this is coming from a NON-bunny parent) so therefore thought it onlyfitting to post. Now I can safely go to him and say, sorry I appreciatethe offer of yer fine wood but alas I have "consulted" the board andthe answer is no....

much appreciated as always

xo

Cher

I think you're making a very wise decision,Cher. Don't ever feel silly about asking suchquestions. I'm sure I speak for both Buck and I in sayingthat we're sure glad you did instead of just assumed it'd be okay.

-Carolyn

;)Aww thanks Auntie.Carolyn

shucks and geewhillakers and all that jazz

ahem

I have a bunny wrapped round my neck....not one of my girls but astuffy that you put in the microwave and warm up it'sinside'beans' for chilly nights or when you have a stiff neck....tiss thecoolest (LOL or warmest if you think about it) Bday present going. I amoff to introduce it to my girls, should be in quite interesting :p

Cher

Latest posts

Back