Apple twigs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
We have some wild apple trees growing on our property that are not sprayed. I want to give Ash some to chew on but I read somewhere that they have to be thoroughly dried before giving them to your bunny. Is that true?

Thanks! :)

Some people will dry them in the oven to kill off any fungus, but as long as the tree is healthy and the branches look good, you can feed them fresh. My rabbits love them fresh. Easier to chew :)

Mine love their apple twigs, I usually get them from my friend´s tree when I go up to visit her...it´s about time for another visit as my boys are running out. They also love the leaves when Í first bring the twigs home and the leaves are really fresh. Does their teeth so much good as well. Here´s the latest twig they´re chewing on...well more like a branch lol.

And here´s Houdini who´s guarding his property lol.

I've never had a problem with feeding my bunnies apple twigs straight from the tree, so naturally sweet and does wonders for the teeth!!

Thanks you all. :) Yes the tree looks pretty healthy so he should be fine chewing its branches.

Chris, I never knew they could eat the leaves as well as the twigs.

Elise, yes mine love the leaves especially when they´re nice and green, here you can see them tucking in:

Latest posts

Back