Apple chew sticks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OreoLove

Reaction score
I've got a one month old bun that has hit the chewing wood furniture stage. I was just curious if I could give her apple chew sticks? Momma bun, Oreo, snubs her nose at them but I was gunna try with the baby.

Also, I now give Oreo fresh strawberries and she loves them! Although now willy(1 month old baby) is sometimes peeing extremely bright orangeish red pee, not always. I'm assuming this is from mom eating the strawberries. Is this normal? Willy hasn't acted different at all. Getting into more and more trouble everyday!

I can't imagine any problems with giving the little bun apple branches, as long as they are disease and pesticide free. Babies becoming mouthy is pretty normal, as they are just starting to experiment and try things out. You provide hay as well?

I could see the momma's pee changing color from that. I suppose it could be possible for this to happen with the baby as well. Probably the best way to know would be to see if it stops happening if you don't feed strawberries for a few days.

Okay cool. Oreo had a surprise litter of 3 but I lost 2 at just about 2 weeks so of course I've been over protective over the baby. I know mother and kits usually don't bond but I hope the two of mine do of course.

Thanks for the input!! I always need a second opinion lol. I love my buns <3

Latest posts

Back