APO-CIPROFLOX

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took D.C. in to see the vet today 'cause his eye was watering. They flushed his eye and found a piece of hay. His eye was scratchedpretty good i'd imaging 'cause they said when they dyed it, it lit up.

Is APO_CIPROFOX a good eye drop for this? He has to have 1 drop 4 times a day/every 6hrs.

I encouraged her to post this as I'm not familiar w/ this drug, so if anyone knows about it, please let her know(Namely, Randy, Sas??). I tried looking it up on Medirabbit and such and didn't find anything.

Thank You!:)

It's just like Baytril for eyes. The active ingredient, ciprofloxacin, is almost the same as the active ingredient in Baytril, enrofloxacin. It's going to be better than an oral antibiotic because it's applied locally to where you'd expect to see an infection. You don't have to worry about any GI side effects. As long as he doesn't get a lot of Baytril-resistant infections it should do a good job at keeping the eye clear of infection.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
I took D.C. in to see the vet today 'cause his eye was watering. They flushed his eye and found a piece of hay. His eye was scratchedpretty good i'd imaging 'cause they said when they dyed it, it lit up.

Is APO_CIPROFOX a good eye drop for this? He has to have 1 drop 4 times a day/every 6hrs.
good job...found particle in the eye,,eyes heal quick.//.the cipro eye drops are to keep an infection away--??--might be over kill.//.watch for any redness/wet fur-either eye/.,any change in behavior or habits---good job...sincerely james waller:biggrin2:

It's common to use antibiotics in an eye with a corneal abrasion because if the scratch gets infected, as it can because of the opportunistic bacteria in the rabbit's eye/nose area, the eye itself can be fragile. I've seen a bunny at our shelter who had to have his eye removed after weeks of a small scratch that turned into a terrible infection, and the eye even "popped". Gross, painful, and such a sad situation. This is one of those few times when preventative antibiotics makes sense in rabbits, like for scratches (that can get infected, and you put neosporin on them).

Latest posts

Back