Anything??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Reaction score
Hello all,

Yesterday I found a healthy (or seemingly) cottontail rabbit who was hiding under a pressure washer machine which was currently being used at the time. Fortunatly it did not hurt him and I took him inside for a moment to examine him. He was alright, and didn't seem stressed at all. I set up a small cage for it, putting grass inside and a tiny bowl for water. He was not scared at all, sniffing around and hopping around. After a couple minutes, he decided to eat some grass. For the next few hours I let him curl up in an old blanket I have, let him climb all over me (which he seemed to enjoy doing) and petting it as it licked and nuzzled my hands. He seemed generally fine and happy as a bunny. Before I went to bed I left a soft washcloth in the cage for it to burrow up in. He shuffled around and curled up snug in the washcloth. When I got up that morning, I went to check on him (it, I don't know the gender) and he seemed a bit sluggish and tired. I thought he was perhaps just sleepy (it was early in the morning) and didn't want to move around much (he WAS moving though). I didn't have time to think about it because I had to leave for the day. By the time I got back, (being some hours later) he is slightly stiff and not moving (presumed dead). I have no idea what happened, is there anything I can do??

Take him to the vet if he's still alive. It might be too late, but there is always a chance he could be saved.

Latest posts

Back