Anyone Watching Their Weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would encourage everyone to google the zone diet, it makes sence and is not difficult and not " cultish" just healthy eating .

jujub793 wrote:
I agree the Only way to loose weight is portion control water and exercise. Gotta move more and be less sedentary. So far in one week I have lost 4 lbs and 3 inches so I am pretty proud of that. I have a really hard time drinking water so honestly that has been the hardest part. But I am off to a good start and just have to keep on keepin on!

Yay, Julie! Good for you!

I agree, I'm eating so much it is ridiculous. I have salad at least once every day and it's so huge, I can barely finish it!

I hate being intolerant to eggs.. Otherwise I'd probably have them every morning since the protein helps fill you up.

But, I make sure I eat breakfast anyway.. Usually special K or oatmeal. Guess at least it's not donuts/muffins every morning!

I have 2 weeks to make sure my bridesmaid gown still fits me... So basically I can't lose too much or gain any. If I lose too much it won't fit and being nearly strapless that'd NOT be a good thing! :p

Good luck everyone, keep up the progress!!

I definately am. I have wanted to lose weight for so long. Fed up of looking of photos of me and friends and seeing a fat face and fat arms and belly etc.
And nothing worked.

Until I started working 12 hour shifts haha and the weight fell off. SO fast i considered going to the doctors.

I have been between 9stone 8 and 9stone 12 for the past few years and lost a stone within a month. Then I went under 9stone for the first time in years and YEARS and i was so happy! Bought my first pair of size 8 jeans, down from a 12.

Now I am 8stone 7 (and watching what i eat religiously now I am back at uni and not working 12 hour shifts anymore!)....but every time I look in the mirror I still see a whale.

It's quite sad :(. I'm just going to keep going until I get to 8stone and if I still see a fat person it must just be my mind.....cos there's no way you can be fat at 8stone.

Jen

I got a scale yesterday and weighed myself.. and thought, "sheesh this isn't a game where I'm trying to get the high score" >.< I would like to lose 30 pounds so that my smaller clothes fit properly again. I don't want to be anorexic or model thin.. I know I never will and am fine with being "plus size". I just want to be able to do things like hikes and long walks without being so out of shape. I should be in better health at 22, soon 23.. For me, it's about being healthier not thinner.

I have decided to start the 6 month process for bariatric surgery. I have struggled with my weight all my life and lost. I have made lots of healthy choices and changes this past year, but it is not enough. My biggest fear is that I'm going down the same road as every one in my family: large from the start, chronic health issues including diabetes, die young. My dad, at 63, is the oldest male he can remember in his family. That is just sad.

So, it may seem drastic, but I'm not willing to go the same way quietly. Being diagnosed with diabetes a couple months ago was a wake-up call. I need to do something drastic.

First step is realizing you need to make changes so horray for everyone who is trying to become the person they know they can be. Correct food choices and keep movin, walk swim bicycle whatever it is... Just do it!! By the way, has anyone here tried zumba? Omg!!! Talk about fun and exercise all rolled into one! Great cardio work out and it doesn't feel like your working out! Try it you will like it!!

We try....

We use tasteofhome for our food and calories and use

sparkspeople.com for our calories!

I honestly can't be arsed to work out regularly. AN occasional run or just a walk do me fine. But I did gain a fair bit of weight during college and spend the summer beginning to change how I ate.

I'm 5'2", I was 140 lbs in June, and I'm now 127 lbs. It's slow but steady weight loss.

I always ate healthy, but I would eat too much. I get bingey. I made sure to always have fruit on me and nibble throughout the day.

I usually have two hard boiled eggs and a coffee for breakfast with an apple and almond butter. Or a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon, honey and almonds.

Lunch I will have a salad, or a tuna salad. I pair it with something high in iron such as broccli or cauliflower. Sometimes I ahve a bean salad. I usually tote grapes or an oranage around lunch.

After work I have tea and some more fruit. I have a cheat day twice a week in which I stop for sushi or an ice cream cone.

Dinner is often pasta or some sort on lazy nights. Or fish and two veggies. I don't eat any other meat other than fish. Sometimes I cook two dinners since my fiancee still likes his beef.

I eat fruit if I get munchies before bed. It's pretty simple. But if I go 4+ hours without a bite I end up eating 3x as much as I normally would.

On average I take in about 1100 calories a day. If I skip lunch and stick to fruit I level off at about 900 a day.

mistyjr wrote:
We try....

We use tasteofhome for our food and calories and use

sparkspeople.com for our calories!

I'm on Sparkpeople, too! I don't actually track anything anymore, because I ended up getting a little obsessed. But I love reading the articles and going there for motivation.

I'm actually 5-10 pounds underweight. I used to be only 115 but I gained 5 more pounds quickly - in nothing but fat and I now am starting to get a gut on me. How you ask? Eating more! The reason I've been small is because I'm a serious picky eater. But ever since I got a job I've been able to eat the foods I like - which are rather pricy and not to mention unhealthy - like fast food. Not a healthy diet and I need to avoid it. I'll do something about it soon, but I'm a bit of a tight wad right now cause Christmas shopping is coming up and of course that's always a big chunk of money spent.

I'd like to lose some weight. I'm 141 but for my height I should be 120. That is my goal. I'm a junior in high school and I get tons of exercise with Flags and other stuff (cheerleading, walking, etc) however I'm still not lossing anything. And I'm definatly eatting healthy. (my mom is a health nut! lol) Any advice on what I could do?

I joined the gym last week.. with Thanksgiving and the holidays coming up, I definitely need it.. It was an early bday present to myself, seeing as I need to get my health in check before too late. I turn 23 tomorrow! So old :p

Latest posts

Back