Anyone own chickens?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cluckin'Bunny

Reaction score
Hey all! :D

I was wondering if I have any fellow chicken lovers on this forum? I own a small flock a six dearies and they are literally dearies! They are Golden Laced Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. They are SO cute. I want to have a "mini farm" so next up is a rabbit!
Hope to find fellow chicken owners! :)
- @Cluckin'Bunny

Before I moved in my own house 5 years ago I had some chicken with my neighbour, she also cared for my rabbits when I was away. I'm SO considering getting chicken again, maybe a rooster too, as long he ignores the rabbits.

We had a hard time keeping the chicken confined, well, we pretty much gave up on that, it was quite an interesting experience (and lots of poop scattered everywhere), and having eggs was great They were 3 standard brown laying hens, and one white one that was so dumb and slow that every earthworm outrun and outsmarted her, adorable. They had very distinctive characters, and really were fun.

It wouldn't be much more work, I have a fence, and they could go through everything I throw out of the rabbits hutches (Buck and his spayed cuddlebun are free range house bunnies, and there are 4 meat mutt breeding does). On the other hand, that fenced in area could be a vegetable garden (I only grow Topinambur there now)...

I really think you should start up with chickens again! You would really love it! :)

I have always wanted to have chickens! I wanted them when my kids were little so they could have the experience of collecting eggs but we were living in HOA's that didn't allow them. Now they're grown (the kids) and I still would like some chickens. We have the space.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to have someone take care of them when we go on trips (which is our wont). We live too far away for someone to come over daily. Our petsitter lives in an HOA that doesn't allow chickens. :(

We don't have chickens, but we have 4 ducks. They are crazy and eat all the cat food! Are you by any chance on Backyard Chickens?

We have 4 Buff Orpingtons and two Easter Eggers, and will hatch out a few more more this spring. They are sweet hearts!

I'm sure they are! I love my Buff Orps and I'm hoping to get Easter Eggers sometime!

We own 32 chickens, which for us is only a few :). Its funny since we are in the middle of the city with 13 acres. lol Its hard to explain sometimes. We have also had cows, cats, goats, sheep, fish, hamsters, and of course a bunny. :p

We own 32 chickens, which for us is only a few :). Its funny since we are in the middle of the city with 13 acres. lol Its hard to explain sometimes. We have also had cows, cats, goats, sheep, fish, hamsters, and of course a bunny. :p

That's great!

I have chickens probably about 30. I use them for egg and show purposes, and of course breeding! Can't forget breeding and seeing all those fluffy chicks running around!

Currently I'm starting to try breeding meat birds

Hey all! :D

I was wondering if I have any fellow chicken lovers on this forum? I own a small flock a six dearies and they are literally dearies! They are Golden Laced Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons. They are SO cute. I want to have a "mini farm" so next up is a rabbit!
Hope to find fellow chicken owners! :)
- @Cluckin'Bunny

I've got 16! 4 leghorns, 2 silver-laced wyandottes, 4 welsummers, 2 lavender chickens, and 4 rhode island whites

Latest posts

Back