Anyone one else have 6 rabbits?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby Kyhos

Reaction score
I thought 4 was a lot, now I have 6 rabbits...don't ask how!

Moe: He is my first and I like to call him my mustache man/bun. He doesn't care about people as much, but he loves Chloe. Chloe is his everything! He doesn't mind being pushed around by her. He is spunky and beats to his own drum.
Chloe: She is queen, my New Zealand bunny. All my other rabbits may think they are in charge, but that's only when Chloe isn't around. She needs all the attention, especially from me. I have watched her body check Moe just to get food!
Louie: He was my third and was supposed to be temporary, but him and I bonded fast. He comes whenever I call him and has to be by me. I am thinking about making him a therapy bunny since he just wants to be pet!
Georgia: She is my Georgia peach. I got her with toenails so long they were starting to curl up. But she now has normal length toenails. She is still shy, but Louie is her best friend and is always looking for a good chase from him.
Opal: Oh Opal, what can I say about her. She does not like to be pet and is very vocal about it...though I think she is just acting tough because when I start petting her she stops grunting then hunkers down. She still has a ways to come, but she has made a lot of progress and is still a baby.
Hudson: Lastly is Hudson (and for sure the last). He is dorky, clutzy, and adventurous. Nothing gets in his way. If he is left to free roam, you will hear things being pushed over for sure! He is lucky he is so cute! When it comes to feeding time, he will smoosh his face as far as he can into the bars of the cage, hoping to get closer to the food.

Currently, Chloe and Moe are the only ones bonded. The other ones have been introduced through a fence. Once I get a house, there will be a rabbit room where I am hoping to bond them all. I hope it all works out!

Attachments

• Chloe.jpg
    Chloe.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Georgia.jpg
    Georgia.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Hudson.jpg
    Hudson.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Louie.jpg
    Louie.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Moe.jpg
    Moe.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Opal.jpg
    Opal.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
Haha @AVIE thank you! How many rabbits do you have? And any pictures?
Can I say "COMING SOON", without being evicted. It's an awkward answer, I have been planning and prepping for new bun for a year now. October was to be the month and then 2 weeks ago I tripped and fell down stairs... Crushed my ankle (ie. Broke bones, tore ligaments, remodeled the floor plan...) I now have my new bionic ankle and 2 months of bed rest. Hence, delay in Bun acquisition. I had found a local farm that had a litter of red Mini Rexs that I was going to see. I have not called to see what the next few months as we go in to Winter will hold. I have had a New Zealand and a Dutch previously. Please don't throw me out yet... I'll get there!

@AVIE...we won't kick you out! That really stinks about your ankle. I really hope you heal fast so you can get your new bunny :) I heard therapy rabbits help you heal faster ;)

@Mariam+Theo, it would be great wouldn't it?! I picture that I sit in the room and the bunnies come over and crowd me with bunny love! Though reality says they will all ignore me and run away haha!

@SableSteel...oh my! That is a lot of rabbits, but is awesome! Are they all yours or do you breed them or rescue them?

Hi Abby,

I have 5 rabbits, mine are mostly foster fails. I started by adopting 2 girls (Mooki and Cricket) from the Humane Society about 7 years ago. They weren’t bonded when I got them and found out quickly they hated each other. It took me months to bond them but I was determined. They never really formed a strong bond but they tolerated each other.
For a few years I only had Mooki and Cricket. At some point I decided to foster rabbits. I’ve fostered about 14 so far. My weakness is babies, I’ve kept 3 of the babies I have fostered.
Mooki passed a few months ago, she was at least 8 years old. I have since bonded Cricket with one of my foster fails named Floppy. They love each other. I though Cricket was not long for this world after Mooki passed but once she met Floppy she blossomed. Cricket is around 8 years old, Floppy is just over a year old.
I have one rabbit, Gus, who was given to me as he was being neglected by his owner. Gus is kind of a sad sack. I am currently trying to bond him with my newest foster fails, 2 x five month old girls (Peanut and Raisin). I don’t think it is going to work as Peanut is very bossy . But I think Gus and Raisin will form a strong bond. That will leave Peanut on her own. But once Cricket passes (given she around 9 I am not sure how much longer I will have her) I will see if Floppy and Peanut get along.
I too would like to have all my rabbits bonded as a group but I am doubtful it will happen.
I have a very large rabbit room in my basement. I put a rubber floor down a few years ago to make cleaning easier. I have my office in the basement as well so I let my buns run free to visit me during the day.

Attachments

• Floppy.jpg
    Floppy.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Gus.jpg
    Gus.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Peanut and Raisin -babies.jpg
    Peanut and Raisin -babies.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Flppy and Cricket.jpg
    Flppy and Cricket.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm really curious where you house them! I'm looking around my own house wondering where a good space would be but I've plumb run out of space I feel like!

At one time, 29. Or maybe it was 31. Fosters, family residents, and three captured unaltered adults with the 2 females delivering 16 babies. Yup, 12 buns between our permanent family residents and (back then) fosters. Then 19 arrived; 3 UNaltered and captured strays bringing us 16 babies before their sp/euters and welnness exams. Nancy, we still have a crew of lucky residents though under 20 now. We had Bonded pairs amongst the crew in our early years of rescue/forever-homed buns so playtime shifts occur all day long in our home. -- Keeps us busy! Costs a lot of money, and we clean a lot of litter pans. Each one has a personality of their own, and some are little or big cuddlers. -- Volunteering at the local shelter I saw many things which may have accounted for a couple extras finding forever homes before hubby captured the three stray adults.

We have seven, was eight until we lost one to e. cuniculi a few weeks ago. There are two bonded pairs and we once had three, a brother and a sister being the third; but, when we started letting the seventh, a rescued cottontail buck, free roam, the brother started getting very aggressive toward his sister.

He chases and humps her, constantly, if we try putting them together; so, we've had to separate them. Now, the rescued cottontail and the sister (the two in the picture) Where_is_mine_4082.jpgStanding_tall_4160.jpg
are starting to spend more and more time together and get along fairly well.

We have tiny doorways throughout the house that allow the cottontail to visit either the brother or sister, at will. He loves free roaming and it is getting harder and harder to coax him into his nighttime "apartment," a spare bathroom. It won't be long, I hope, that the cottontail will be part of a bonded pair.

Stretch lil bunny, stretch! It sounds like you're enjoying the show these three are putting on. I love it!
We love it, too. Our cottontail, Pat, loves to stand and walk on his hind feet. He is a very happy rabbit and a joy to have around.

This is just a reminder that Pat was rescued from a dog attack before his eyes were open. He was so tiny and fragile we didn't think he'd survive. We told ourselves "If he makes it through the weekend it will be a miracle." Well, he made it and for a while that was its name, Miracle; but, we decided it should be something shorter, so Pat it is.

By the time Pat was healthy and big enough to be returned to the wild, he had become accustomed to living indoors and didn't fear anything. It became very obvious that releasing him into the wild would be a death sentence that very likely would be carried out in a terrifying, violent and bloody fashion. We are convinced it better for him to live a long and happy life with us.
:) Baby_Blind_2430.jpgPat_frm_2481.jpg

Last edited:
I thought 4 was a lot, now I have 6 rabbits...don't ask how!

Moe: He is my first and I like to call him my mustache man/bun. He doesn't care about people as much, but he loves Chloe. Chloe is his everything! He doesn't mind being pushed around by her. He is spunky and beats to his own drum.
Chloe: She is queen, my New Zealand bunny. All my other rabbits may think they are in charge, but that's only when Chloe isn't around. She needs all the attention, especially from me. I have watched her body check Moe just to get food!
Louie: He was my third and was supposed to be temporary, but him and I bonded fast. He comes whenever I call him and has to be by me. I am thinking about making him a therapy bunny since he just wants to be pet!
Georgia: She is my Georgia peach. I got her with toenails so long they were starting to curl up. But she now has normal length toenails. She is still shy, but Louie is her best friend and is always looking for a good chase from him.
Opal: Oh Opal, what can I say about her. She does not like to be pet and is very vocal about it...though I think she is just acting tough because when I start petting her she stops grunting then hunkers down. She still has a ways to come, but she has made a lot of progress and is still a baby.
Hudson: Lastly is Hudson (and for sure the last). He is dorky, clutzy, and adventurous. Nothing gets in his way. If he is left to free roam, you will hear things being pushed over for sure! He is lucky he is so cute! When it comes to feeding time, he will smoosh his face as far as he can into the bars of the cage, hoping to get closer to the food.

Currently, Chloe and Moe are the only ones bonded. The other ones have been introduced through a fence. Once I get a house, there will be a rabbit room where I am hoping to bond them all. I hope it all works out!

I have bullseye, but my neighbors own his brother.

Attachments

• Bullseye.jpg
    Bullseye.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1
I love seeing all of the bunnies! So many cute ones.

@Semac your bunnies are adorable and sorry to hear you lost one :(. It seems so sad and I can't imagine when one of mine passes. It also sounds like you have a very thought out bonding process. I hope it all works out for you.

@lavendertealatte I have been pretty creative. I made a cage that also doubles as an entertainment center, so Moe and Chloe get the living room. Georgia and Louie, are in a cage in the spare room, and they get that room and the hallway. Opal and Hudson are in my bedroom and get the run of that and the bathroom. Eventually if I get a house I will build a room in the basement where they can all roam...hopefully all together...once bonded! I already have plans drawn up.

@BullseyeTheJerseyWooly...they are all so different.
Chloe (New Zealand) I claim is my spirit animal since she seems to have a personality like me.
Louie (Mini Rex) is by far the calmest and just wants attention, and constantly licks me
These 2 are probably the top of my list...but heck, they are all cute and I love them all!

Latest posts

Back