Anyone looking to rehome a boy? - Melb/Australia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
Because of Covid, many shelters aren't taking in as many animals as they used to, ESPECIALLY rabbits. I wonder if people are just letting them loose now?
My poor girl is still alone and I've been keeping an eye out for boys everywhere (newspapers, shelters, gumtree)
If anyone is looking to rehome their boy in Melbourne Australia please PM me!

Looking for a smaller breed (Lop preferred but open as long as they have the right temperament)
My girl is 3 years old, 2.2kg, looking for a boy around same age/size (but open to others as long as he's not too hyper) I read size doesn't matter for bonding but I worry if he bit her she won't run fast enough or at all and it will really hurt her.
Non-dominating behaviour, friendly temperament

oh gosh guys I feel bad, I am thinking of returning him coz his energy levels are too high for my disabled girl. On the occasion that they do meet for a few mins, his fat body humping her is really stressing out her weak legs and she's extra sluggish.

I saw RSPCA has a friendly boy up for adoption, they look the same and same age, I wonder if they are long lost brother/sisters.. is it bad if I swap them D:

Nah it is not. If you can return him and get the calmer boy instead, it will be better for both parties involved. Don't feel bad about it!

Thank you Catlyn, I will try and ring them tomorrow and see what they say. I know he loves my girl (or could be his hormones) he rarely leaves her side in the room. I feel horrible but he needs a girl that is strong to handle his voluptuous body humps and my girl needs a calm boy to not stress her legs.

Yeah, that's why swapping the boys is probably the better idea for your girl bun and for you too. Pretty sure that it's the boy's hormones that cause him to be so mounty.
The rspca is sure to understand your situation if you explain it to them, so you don't have to feel bad at all!

I attempted but couldn't go through with it, I look at his stupid face and he's done nothing wrong to be sent away. Hopefully he calms down coz at present, his personality is too bombastic and his fat ass is too voluptuous for my girl.

How big is he? If he's not fixed yet then you should find a vet that does it so that he could be chill around her after his hormones have calmed. Otherwise it would stress the she-bunny more than is needed.

he is just an average size bunny, but my girl is small and long (slug bunny), she doesn't fill out the shape of a healthy bun. I am hesitant to give her anymore pellets coz that's just gna add more weight to her legs and she alraedy doesn't eat much of her cecotropes.
He is desexed, it's week 3 at present. At least he stopped spraying me and the walls now lol

he is just an average size bunny, but my girl is small and long (slug bunny), she doesn't fill out the shape of a healthy bun. I am hesitant to give her anymore pellets coz that's just gna add more weight to her legs and she alraedy doesn't eat much of her cecotropes.
He is desexed, it's week 3 at present. At least he stopped spraying me and the walls now lol
Hi there!!! There is no shame in not keeping the little bun, you have to do what’s right for the bun you have that’s disabled! I don’t know your buns obviously, but I would definitely suggest a calmer bun. While the desexing will stop the hormonal behaviours, it will not change the buns personality. Can I suggest though, that if you do decide to surrender the boy you have, to possibly surrender him to a rabbit rescue like Freedom for Farmed rabbits? They also have heaps of buns, and may even have one suitable to bond with your girl!

I'm sorry I don't have any helpful advice, except I did have a male bunny who was in love with my arm. He humped me every time I got near him. I had him neutered and it calmed down a lot, but it did take a bit of time. He turned into the sweetest, most loving bun I've ever had. You might want to keep him a little longer if it's only been 3 weeks. Also, I got rid of his "girlfriend" a stuffed giraffe as the vet said those kind of things would remind him of his earlier behaviour. Only you will know what works for you and your little girl-bun. I hope it all works out for all of you. Please, can we see a pic of an ugly bunny with a cute mouth??

This was my sweet Hector. He passed Sep 1/15

Attachments

• 20140524_122701.jpg
    20140524_122701.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back