Anyone leave their rabbit out at night?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General Bismark is out 24/7. He has a cage that we keep his litter, pellets and water in. He goes in there on his own if he feels like it. We only put him in his cage if he's in the way of chores or we're traveling. But his cage is always available to him if he wants to hang out in it.

The only places he doesn't have access is the bedrooms and the bathroom. I don't know what it is about the bathroom but he loves to destroy the wall behind the toilet. Otherwise he's basically a little prince.

We do keep a night light on for him, although my husband is trying to break me of the habit.

My rabbits get out to run for 1.5hrs every couple of days. I do not have the option of leaving them out, because I have a dog that is a proven killer of pet rabbits (and lots of other animals). My scedual is also fairly hetic so there is not much time for them to be out. I wish that I could let my rabbits out more but for now it is out of the question.

Only when I got my first bunny, did I cage him at night. And once he was fully litter trained, he was never caged for an extended time.
I now have 2 male bunnies, both litter trained and they are never caged at night, or during the day.
At one time, I lived in a small apartment, and they were free to wander about their bedroom. When I was home, they had free range of the whole apartment. At night, they'd go back into their bedroom.
I never had issues, as long as the cords were tied up.

I leave Teddy out at night now, and usually during the day too, but lately my mom has been really hateful towards her and locks her up when I'm away. :(

Latest posts

Back