Anyone here a chronic worrier? Anyone with hypochondria?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I'm only 22, and you'd think I'd have moreimportant things to worry about than the things that I do! Is anyonehere a *chronic* worrier? Anyone with hypochondria? Okay, so here meout...

I worry about everything. I mean everything. And it's gotten worse inthe last few months. However, when school starts in the fall, I was toobusy to worry and was mostly focused on school and having a little bitof fun. When winter break started on the 14th, I was excited. It turnedout to be a LIVING NIGHTMARE. I don't understand, and I'm so gladschool starts back Monday. Every single day, I have obsessed andworried.

First, I was worried about getting rabies from a psychotic mouse ofmine that came in contact with a wild mouse. After lots of obsessingand researching, the worry passed within a few days and is out of mymind.

A day later, I began to obsess about rabies again, this time because abarn cat that a customer had bitten me on the hand several months backand I had put it out of my mind. I worried, and obsessed. Then I readthat Louisiana hasn't had a human case of rabies since 1957. So, Ifinally got that out of my mind.

Then, I got on a kick when someone told me if I did yoga, I was goingto hell because it's not a Christian thing. Things get into my head tooeasily, and I obsessed about this. After lots of talking with friends,and some researching, I mostly got it out of my head.

NOW...My friend that worksat the pet store that I used towork atis married to a armyofficer and they've beentogether since she was about 14 or so. He's extremely controlling withher, threatens her, and even threatened my other friend who works therebecause she wanted to take her out to the movies and he said she wasn'tallowed. Well, she's giving me her box turtle tomorrow as a friend formy turtle Pokey. She called her husband and asked him, and told me hesaid it was fine. Great. MY concern is, for some weird reason, sometime from now I'm scared he'll decide he wants the turtle back and tryto come after me or something. He's threatening, and I've only met himonce or twice. He's one of those people you really just don't want tohave contact with, even though she's the greatest person you couldmeet. Anyways, I blow things out of porportion.Even though Ihighly doubt that'll happen, he's done agreed to her that he doesn'twant the turtle.

I just freak out about everything. I'm even second guessing that shegot his permission to give it away at all, even though I am positivethat she did. She's that type of person, one who is honest to a faultand when she says she did something, she did. And she's not the type todo something behind anyone's back, so Im sure she asked. I'm justlooking for worry anywhere I can find it...

Is anyone else like this? Tell me I'm not alone! When school startsback Monday, I plan on finding one of the school shrinks and startgoing. I need help and I realize this.

I took a online hypochondria test the other day, 3 of them actually,and two of them I scored at the very top and one was off the chart. AndI know I have it. I'm a germ-o-phobe, and right now I'm worried I haverabies from a mouse, hepatitis from accidentally drinking behindsomeone at school, and HIV because the guy where I used to work wasjust diagnosed with it. He sleeps around, and while I see him every nowand then, I've never actually touched him or anything.

If I have all these things at one time, somethings wrong here people! :craziness

It sounds to me like you are TRUELY germaphobic.You might want to see if you could get hypnotized and reprogramed notto be so terrified of germs. They may also help you with your obsessiveworry. Also, you need to not care about what other people say aboutyou. Maybe some therapy.

Good luck.

~Star~

MBH-nice you brought this up.Although, I'm getting tired so I'll keep it short fortonight. I was most recently diagnosed as entering intoperimenepause :shock:. I will be 35 on the 20th of thismonth. Many women cannot believe this because I am so"young". Well, I also read that if you have no children orhave only had maybe one (me), one can enter into this sooner.

I realize you are younger than me, but, do you think it could be a"hormonal" thing? Sometimes, that explains alot!:cool: Since and before dianoses- the symptoms are sothere. I just wonder for you, if it's a-hornonal change orb-stress/thyriod related? Just a thought. :ponder:

Sorry-one more edit to add: MBH- I really sympathize w/ whatyour going through. I have been in a really mental weirdplace lately and I know how hard it can be. Remember, Inearly cried at the dentist ofc today, but held off until I got out thedoor! I just wanted to post this so maybe it would try tomake some sense of what you're going through. :hug:

Crystal

A friend of mine from high schoolhasOCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). She's been diagnosed andI believe is on medication although she doesn't talk about itoften. Before she knew what it was, she could not sleep atnight becuase she was totally obsessed and worried about random thingsthat she can't get out of her head. She is a germaphobe aswell. Also dropped out of school because she was always soworried about other things she started to fail classes and things likethat.

She went to see a doctor and took it from there - I'm not sure whathappened but I know she has been way better in the past few years.

Some things are more than just personality. Take care ofyourself - don't stress too much. If you're really worriedabout it maybe mention it to your family doctor.

Poor MBH. All that worrying must becausing you so much stress. That can really take a physicaltoll as well as emotional.

I have to agree with Nadia - talk to your doctor.

A lot of people have those type tendencies.

I am a germaphobe myself and compulsive hand washer. I washmy hands so much, they stay cracked open. It's painful and Ihave to apply Neosporin every time I wash them.

Hello, I can relate to you. I am always worryingabout something. I feel like things are constantly going through mymind from the moment I wake up. It is horrible. People tellme that they are surprised that I don't have an ulcer. If you ever wantto talk let me know.

I worry about eating too much, too little, if I have something to wear,do I look okay, are the kids alright, is the bunny okay, should I dothis or that and the list goes on and on and on.

I've done okay in the last few days, mainlybecause school starts Wednesday. I've been so busy with buying books,supplies, getting my classes in order, ect. With all this I haven't hadas much time to worry. What concerns me is, my worry was at its worseduring my one month winter break because I didn't have school and thus,more time to worry. I'm concerned about my 3 month summer break comeMay. That's 3x as long off, and that worries me the most! :shock:

I used to be like that too. It startedwhen I was a young child. It would be kid stuff, likevolcanoes or ghosts. When I got older it became nuclear war(it was the 80's). As I got even older, it turned intoailments and relationship issues. It was almostdebilatating.And it always came inphases. I worry about the same thing for months and then itwould get a little better and thenswitch tosomethingelse.

About 6years ago I started having horrible horrible migrainesthat wouldn't go away. (Ofcourse,Ithought I had a brain tumor). After 6 monthsofbarely being able to function, my doctor finally put meonsome medication. My migraines havestopped and so has the uncontrollable worrying. I stillobsess about things, but now its with stuff like bunnies or knitting(happy things).

I would recommend talking to your doctor about it. If you arestudent, you could go to the campus clinic. They are prettyused to dealing with things like this.

I was a real worrier when I was younger but as Iaged I sort of got over it. I think that its great MBH that youWANT to get some help for yourself...that indicates a lot ofself-awareness which is necessary to change. I'm sorry that you aregoing through so much unnecessary suffering but I also know that peopletelling you to "just get over it" doesn't help at all but only makes itworse. Maybe talking to someone and even a medication would help you alot.

I remember when I was 25 that I was terrified to get a chest x-raybecause I was sure I had lung cancer from smoking..also many otherthings like that. Just hang in there and you will eventually findsomeone or something that will help :)

Latest posts

Back