Anyone else heat with wood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Just an odd question...was wondering if anyone else heats their home with wood? My husband I decided that instead of paying 200/month gas bills this winter we would install a woodstove and heat with mainly wood. So far it's working well. I keep our heat set to 60degrees (it hasn't kicked on yet and we've had some below freezing nights....I get the house temp up to about 74 during the day and then at night let the fire die out about 10pm....by 530am when I get up it's about 63 degrees........we're loving it....it's such a cozy heat...and since we are using wood that has been cut from storm damaged trees I know that I'm not harming any trees. And I'm not giving the gas company lots of money either LOL....so far my bill has been 15 bucks for a month that would have cost me about 65 usually. And that was before it got really cold.

Nope, I'm in an apartment on the top floor. Have yet to turn on the heaters despite every night being around/below freezing. Doing a load of laundry is enough to heat the place for a few hours. It was horrible when it was in the 90's out because it'd be about 5 degrees warmer in here. So far, it hasn't gotten below 65 in my apartment without the heat running, but my electricity bill more than makes up for it!

Latest posts

Back