Anyone else experience this with their bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peneloppythebun

Reaction score
okay so my bun just started doing this yesterday, she would flop and sleep outside her pen by my bed and when she would wake up she would come towards me and circle around me and make this oinking honking noise. I was just wondering if it’s because she isn’t spayed and it’s her hormonal behavior. It kind of scared me at first. I would just be sitting on my bed and she would do this

Typically males do this but some females will too. She's claiming ownership of you. It's usually considered hormonal though I had a neutered male rabbit that would do the circling.
I thought it was typically in males to, but then she started doing it. It scared me because she would wake up from her sleep and come towards me oinking and honking.

Rabbits' personalities may change as they become adults. It is just part of their growing up. It may be totally different from what they were before or no noticeable change. The spay itself doesn't change their personality, but a spay may be blamed for the change because spays happen to be done around the time they are becoming adults. In reality, any changes would be simply because they are becoming adults.

Rabbits' personalities may change as they become adults. It is just part of their growing up. It may be totally different from what they were before or no noticeable change. The spay itself doesn't change their personality, but a spay may be blamed for the change because spays happen to be done around the time they are becoming adults. In reality, any changes would be simply because they are becoming adults.
I see, she’s about two years old turning three in June. So she’s pretty much already an adult. It sucks that her previous owner didn’t get her spayed. It’s important for the health of the bunny.

Latest posts

Back