Anybody’s bun sleep in their bed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just snuggled up with Bella for bedtime and was wondering if anybody else lets their rabbit sleep on their bed?

Bella just tends to hop around, find a comfy spot- usually on one of my pillows, just above my head so she can give me kisses- and fall asleep peacefully.

Anybody else?

Mine dose not. Wouldn't she poop in your bed?
My male slept in my bed every night for 4-5 months straight. He never pooped in my bed. He did pee on my bed in the beginning but I did everything I could to get him to stop and he did.

My male slept in my bed every night for 4-5 months straight. He never pooped in my bed. He did pee on my bed in the beginning but I did everything I could to get him to stop and he did.
How did you manage to get him to stop peeing and pooing? I can’t even get mine to pee properly in the hutch and he leaves a trail of poo wherever he goes

I'm pretty sure my darling Bambi would be well behaved but I'd be afraid of rolling over on her in the middle of the night, bunnies are such fragile little things.

I'm pretty sure my darling Bambi would be well behaved but I'd be afraid of rolling over on her in the middle of the night, bunnies are such fragile little things.
True. It would be lovely to be able to sleep with them.. if they are well behaved. I wonder if there’s many others who share their beds with their bunny. Would love to learn how to train their bunnies to be so well behaved

Last edited:
How did you manage to get him to stop peeing and pooing? I can’t even get mine to pee properly in the hutch and he leaves a trail of poo wherever he goes
Has yours peed on the bed before? If so, you will want to wash your bedding and clean the mattress. You will one by one give your sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc to your rabbit and let him get his scent all over it before you put it on your bed. That way the bed will smell like him and he won't feel the need to mark it. You can take one of his blankets and put it over the bed when you're not sleeping in it. I try to go as long as I can without washing my bedding but when I do it, I wash the pillowcase one week and the next week I will wash my sheets and so on. You may want to get a waterproof mattress cover so your mattress isn't ruined.

Is your bunny fixed? I find that helps with poos and the peeing outside the litter box to an extent.

Has yours peed on the bed before? If so, you will want to wash your bedding and clean the mattress. You will one by one give your sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc to your rabbit and let him get his scent all over it before you put it on your bed. That way the bed will smell like him and he won't feel the need to mark it. You can take one of his blankets and put it over the bed when you're not sleeping in it. I try to go as long as I can without washing my bedding but when I do it, I wash the pillowcase one week and the next week I will wash my sheets and so on. You may want to get a waterproof mattress cover so your mattress isn't ruined.

Is your bunny fixed? I find that helps with poos and the peeing outside the litter box to an extent.
Tks for the suggestion. I’ve just adopted these rabbits and the previous owner didn’t litter trained them at all. I have manage to trained them to pee in the litter pan but once it’s out of its cage, it leaves a trail of poo. I want to let them free roam in the house and eventually share my bed with me. But just today, they pee outside the cage.. they are not spayed and I’ve promised upon adopting not to spay them. Seems like a futile dream to share my bed without spaying them?

My first bunny loved running around my bed and take some adventures under my blanket. For the first 2 days, she peed and pooped all over. Every time I saw she peed, I would put her in a carrier for about 20 minutes. I kept doing that for the whole Sunday. After that she has never peed on my bed again. I found one or two poop every two days but normally my bed was cleaned. I let my bunnies free roam around my room 24/7.

Attachments

• 7C9D25EA-E4C2-40D1-9696-4430716F66E2.jpeg
    7C9D25EA-E4C2-40D1-9696-4430716F66E2.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 13
I've invited my buck up to my bed, but he doesn't like it; I'm not sure why. He spends half his day under the bed, though, so I think he's demarcated our respective territories.

My doe refuses to enter my bedroom, so I don't know if she'd like it on top of the bed. I think it's a territorial thing with her, too.

They've hopped on a couch a few times, but never seemed to care about being up there.

Maybe my rabbits are just weird... I thought rabbits loved beds and stuff.

I would not let my rabbits in bed because they would chew holes in my blankets. I have one rabbit that would probably dig a hole in the mattress.

My Flemish giant is constantly in the bed with us. It’s how my boyfriend started falling in love with her. She’s still young, but almost mature now. So she’s had a couple accidents, mostly just with peeing on the bed. We put her in her cage when it happens, which is in our larger room right now. The door is always open so she has free roam. She only occasionally sleeps in there. But I was hesitant in using her cage as a punishment because it really should be a safe place for the rabbit. So I didn’t lock the door when we’d put her in, just show her where the litter pan is. And if she hopped over and finished her business there we’d give her more hay so she knew it was good. It works slowly. She’s too big a sweetheart not to let sleep with us. From the second we had her she draped herself across my head and knocked out so comfortably. She doesn’t bother me too much and I go to bed late anyway so that typically correlates with her weird sleep habits. Flemish giants have such a good reputation for being super friendly and she really is. Always has to be by my side or my old lady kitty who she can tell is my best friend and craves her approval. :3

My bun sleeps next to me every night, I have no problem with it but it made her too clingy for cuddles and kisses EVERY morning and so early so I haven't slept in for ages

Latest posts

Back