Anybody Know how to do Chemistry?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
does anybody know how to write the balanced equation and net ionic equation for

1. Lead(II) nitrate and potassium dichromate

2. silver nitrate and potassiumchromate

i got all the others but can't figure out these two:(

Ahhh sorry - 8 years ago, I'd be all over it. The most I can do now is write the molecular formula.

:(

Good Luck

Edit: They didn't give you the products did they?

________
Nadia

HoneyPot wrote:
Edit: They didn't give you the products did they?

_Nadia

id ont think they did...if they did i dont know what a product is..sad:(

"write equations and net ionic equations for each of the followingdouble replacement reactions. each case forms a precipitate. usesolubility rules to help you"

Well... here are your solubility rules... sothat can get you an idea of what some of your products are... and theproducts are just what is on the other side of the ------>(probably called something diff in the US than Can?)

Ok so I found this online..

1. Most alkali metal compounds and
    chemistry105.gif
    compounds are soluble.
  2. Cl[suP]-[/suP], Br[suP]-[/suP], I[suP]-[/suP] compounds aresoluble, except when they contain Ag[suP]+[/suP],
    chemistry106.gif
    ,or Pb[suP]2+[/suP].
  3. F[suP]-[/suP] compounds are soluble, except when they contain group 2A metals.
  4. chemistry107.gif
    chemistry108.gif
    chemistry109.gif
    ,and CH[suB]3[/suB]COO[suP]-[/suP] compounds are soluble.
  5. chemistry110.gif
    compounds are soluble, except when they include Ca[suP]2+[/suP],Sr[suP]2+[/suP], Ba[suP]2+[/suP], Ag[suP]+[/suP], Pb[suP]2+[/suP], or
    chemistry111.gif
  6. chemistry112.gif
    chemistry113.gif
    chemistry114.gif
    chemistry115.gif
    ,S[suP]2-[/suP], OH[suP]-[/suP], and O[suP]2-[/suP] compounds areinsoluble.
  7. Group 2A metal oxides are classified as strong bases even thoughthey are not very soluble.
The two solubility rules that youwill use the most are numbers 1 and 4. You must memorize that all group1A metal and ammonium compounds are soluble. As soon as you see acompound
chemistry116.gif
,Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, or Fr, you should know that it’s soluble. Also, allnitrates are soluble—look at the end of the compound. If it ends in
chemistry117.gif
,you know that it’s soluble.
What’s the big deal with solubility? Well, if the ion is soluble, itwon’t form a precipitate, and this means it doesn’t react and should beleft out of the net ionic equation. The key is first to write thecompound’s chemical formula and then determine if it’s soluble. If itis soluble, then ionize it—if it isn’t, don’t ionize it; leave it as amolecule.

Edit: My last edit was wrong!! Ok... I'll think about it.. but this is all I have so far. :)

I don't know if this helps at all, and I may be wrong... soo... take it all with apound of salt!!

_________
Nadia

Your reactants are on the left of the equationsand products on the right. Reactants are what you puttogether, and products are what comes out.

It's been a long time since I've done that stuff too. I thinkI understand what needs to be done, but can't quite remember how to doit.

Sorry I can't be more help :(

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
Your reactants are on the left of the equations and productson the right. Reactants are what you put together, andproducts are what comes out.
oh yeah .. thanks for reminding me dawn...duh:foreheadsmack: and we'veeven gone over that this yr:blushan:

I edited my post cause my first edit was wrong... heeh.

_____
Nadia

Did you get it all done then??

Don't ya justlove chemistry :rollseyes

What year are you in? We're doing that type of thing right now too:sleep:

Too bad I didn't see this sooner! I was awesomeat these types of things in high school, he he. I swear it becomespretty much natural with time!

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Too bad I didn't see this sooner! I was awesome at thesetypes of things in high school, he he. I swear it becomes pretty muchnatural with time!
:?haha, for me it became frustrating with time, because I know I knew how to do this stuff, but now I can't remember.

_________
Nadia

we have more to do tonight:Xhesexplainedso many times and i still dont know how to dothem:dunno:good grief im ready to get out ofchemistry! :rant:eek:nly 79 days til its over:sigh

Check the date on the thread bunbuns - this was a month ago.

_________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back