Anybody here into Scrapbooking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
and I am wondering what all you really need to start on this? My hubbys boss's wife gave us a few sheets of paper, a memory book, some photo safe stickers and a card for one of the pages. Other than that I have no clue as what to do or buy. :dunno

are you doing creative memories or just scrapbooking?

i do creative memories..we have classes and workshops were you can go and scrapbook together..its actually fun.. we eat and listen to music and talk... we get scrapbooking stuff from our consultant... maybe you should find one.. they have all kinds of stuff

make sure you have plenty of stickers! and colored paper you can cut and decorate the pages!:Dthey also have idea books

heres a section on how to get started

http://www.creativememories.com/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Where-to-begin

#1 way to save money on scrapbooking and find some fun stuff to add in there.

Rip out any magazine or newspaper pictures, ad, etc. and you will have created a whole library of different still items (like chairs, flowers banners), background wallpaper, different kinds of texts.

I usually only put about two pictures to a page, b/c I like to re-create the scene going on in the picture. I just cut out the actual subject of the photo and recreate the whole background scene from the pic. You can get it to look really identtical to the original picture you can make it look totally abstract too.

whats really fun is to cut out the subject of your photo and put it into a totally differrent background .. like a spoof or something. I think its so much more fun to look at pictures that way..

..i use a low temp glue gun to fasten all pictures and accessories in my scrapbooks.

i do however splurge on the scissors that let you cut fancy borders and those jolee stickers .. they are pretty cool!

I had no idea there was so many different avenues with scrapbooking. I've recently decided to take up the hobby (my mom bought me a kit I had been eying for Christmas) but I haven't really had the time to sit down and do it. I have all these ideas in my head and I need to get them done before I lose them.

peapoo_bunny, I am checking out the website you gave me but I have a question, what is the difference between scrapbooking and creative memories? Is one more "elaborate" than the other? Or is CM a type of brandname or a style of preserving memories?

hummer wrote:
peapoo_bunny, I am checking out the website you gave me but I have a question, what is the difference between scrapbooking and creative memories? Is one more "elaborate" than the other? Or is CM a type of brandname or a style of preserving memories?
creative memories is the brand....company whos sells all the products you need and has classes and parties to teach you more about scrapbooking and give you new ideas...but all their stuff is made so it wont ruin or mess up the color of your pictures... none of your picturesshould change... other scrapbooking stuff can mess up your pictures..some stickers,paper,pens, or anything like that will mess up your pictures after awhile.just look before you buy something and make sure it says "acid and lignin free" and your pics should be fine. you could go to AC moore or ben franklins or michaels...they have good stuff there..and i think they also have classes

I'm dabbling with scrapbooking. Well, I should say I plan to dabble once, you know, I actually have free time ;)

At the moment, I'm most interested in putting together a scrapbook for the pets. My mom got me some basic supplies (paper, stickers, etc.) for Christmas, but I'm afraid that once I start getting serious about scrapping, I may never stop :D

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

believe me, once you start you cant stop because you keep getting new pictures...im fixing to start a bunny album..or maybe it should be called peapoo's album..lol..that should be a big one!

My first big scrapbooking project is to make one for my mom for Mother's Day but I just haven't had the time to work too much on it although I have lots of ideas. I also want to make scrapbooks for my two babies (Velma, my bun & Roxie my boxer/lab) and one for my boyfriend and I.

Latest posts

Back