Anybody else with a picky rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dortmund is an extremely picky eater. He does not like cucumbers, thyme, parsley, celery, bokchoy, pumpkin, sun dried tomatoes, or raspberries. I won’t include the time I gave him a jalapeño by accident, because I should have known better. There may be other things he doesn’t like, but I haven’t tried them yet. He even can be iffy about banana if you can imagine that.

On the other hand Dortmund does love green pepper, cilantro, and Brussel sprouts. And once I gave him a small slice of mango that I’d squeezed some fresh lime juice on... after he ate that he kept checking his litter box every 5-10 minutes all night to see if there was more.

Any way, I was just wondering what veggies your rabbits dislike.

Theo will eat ANYTHING! Including his toys, his litter box, and anything else he can get into. Right now he is sick so I have been giving him his medicine and he tries to eat the syringe! He has some things that are not his favorite, like pineapple juice, pumpkin, and cucumber.

Odin eats everything, he even snatch chicken from the plate if you aren’t watching. Aren’t bunnies supposed to be strict vegans. I think Odin was born into wrong animal

While Toste is a bit picky but he’s turning more into how Odin is with food. The more confident he gets, the more gluttony he turn out to be. Don’t know where my bunnies pick it up from.

Maybe it have always been Toste personality to be a foodie but he was too scared to show it before. At least I know Toste love mint.

At least none of my bunnies likes bell pepper. Myself aren’t the biggest fan of bell pepper and have tried giving it to my bunnies instead. The only one that will not spit it out is Lilja. She will eat it but still look at me like, why are you giving this to me. She loves hazel leaves and water melon :)

Lilja and Toste hate uncooked rice which Odin go crazy for. I can say Odin will be picky if he knows I have something better. For example if I eat a cookie and he gets veggies or a treat he will try to snatch my cookie instead, while ignoring his own food until I try to take his food away.

It’s a lot easier for me to find out what they love than hating for my bunnies.

My Kahlua is FUSSY not only about what vegetables he eats but also VERY fussy about what sort of fresh grass he eats. Has to be a certain type of tall Rye grass or won't touch it, even though it it is freshly picked.

Odin eats everything, he even snatch chicken from the plate if you aren’t watching. Aren’t bunnies supposed to be strict vegans. I think Odin was born into wrong animal
When I cook chicken all my rabbits sit very quiet like they are not there :D
They are usually not very picky, some don't like cucumber, they all won't eat parsnip, brussels are not very popular too, honestly I don't offer too often. Some don't like cauliflowers and broccoli, but I rarely give them them usually cauliflower leaves and all like them. I give cabbage leaves maybe once a week, they like them too, carrot tops love everybody. I rarely buy bananas so they don't get it too often and I wouldn't say they are very enthusiastic about bananas. What they like is fresh mint, everybody loves mint, I also give them fresh or dried sage, thyme, chamomile, yarrow, some don't like them but some love them. Basil, cilantro, half of celery stick, a few slices of carrot sometimes, most of them love apple, clementinas were not their fav, rosemarin either, they like lavender, well list is endless

Latest posts

Back