Anybody else feeling impatient with their bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
Mischa, Nikolai's new "bond mate", has been nothing but trouble ever since she got here. I really hope she will grow out of it (she is fixed) and only about 5 mo old by now. But I am used to having calm bunnies who are not interested in getting into trouble. She's Houdini'd herself out of her cages, into places where she can't get out, chewed things that were bunnyproofed, etc. She has tons of toys but will not play with toys: cords or carpet is better. Does anybody have any personal experiences of a bunny who was the same but grew out of it? MY SANITY! haha

My boy is a trouble maker as well. However, it's going on 2 years that I've had him, so he'll be about 2.5 years old. He still get's into places he shouldn't (on top of dressers - way too high up for me to feel comfortable about), behind the bunny proofed computer section, inside of drawers... I think he'll be a scamp for life.

My little Nana is a nightmare rabbit! she gets into absolutely EVERYTHING and chews it to pieces. We are still trying suggestions as to how to prevent the damage. So far a spray bottle seems to be having an effect, but we will need to review our bunny-proofing.

I stored the bag of pellets high up on a pile of boxes I never thought she would be able to climb, and then found her with her head in a giant hole she'd chewed in the bag, munching away happily, while pellets spilled all over my floor :/

there's a reason my entire living room is converted into a 120ish square foot bunny pen (two playpens + some NIC grids used to fence in the area, with a tarp underneath to make clean-up easy) - Nala is a crazy little troublemaker!

best advice I can give is to thoroughly block off anything she might try to destroy and give her toys that are MEANT to be destroyed, as many bunns' idea of playing is your idea of destruction. mine are currently destroying a tunnel made from cat cubes (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportpet-Cat-Cat-Play-Cube-1-ct/10532707 ), a phone book and a loose pile of packing paper from a shipment of sugar-glider stuff.

Latest posts

Back