Any tips for traveling with a bunny ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Reaction score
This year my parents decided it would be a fun vacation to Yosemite National Park in a trailer, and we're bringing our pet rabbit with us. I've been a bit worried about my Havana bunny because I heard that rabbits do not like being in long car rides, we are also bringing our cat (for unknown reasons). Some of the questions I have are :
1) How much food should I bring ?
2) Should I take the bun outside when we are walking around the park ?
3) Is their any policies/rules for bringing a animal inside of Yosemite National Park ?
So if anybody has a tips and answers for traveling please reply to this thread !

Hi, ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป
-Lots of like maybe 5lbs+ Hay (10lbs lasts my bun a month)
- Get Small Pet Select Tranquility Blend (to make things as less stressful as possible
-bring a jam packed first aid kit
-I wouldn't recommend bringing bunny outside: might eat something poisonous or get bitten my mosquito, tick,ect. Alford

Get Small Pet Select rabbit safe bug repelent

Hope everything goes well ๐Ÿ˜Š

1) How much food should I bring ?
It will depend on your rabbit and how long your staying but I brought 2.5kg of hay when I went away for 10 days.

2) Should I take the bun outside when we are walking around the park ?
I donโ€™t recommend it at all. Especially due to the rising cases of RHDV

3) Is their any policies/rules for bringing a animal inside of Yosemite National Park ?
Iโ€™ve never been there before but you can check their website

Personally, I donโ€™t recommend taking your bun with you. There a many dangers and itโ€™s not the best idea. Taking your rabbit out of the trailer with you makes it susceptible to catching viruses or even being killed or scared by predators, leaving it in the trailer could make it get heat stroke.

If you can find bunny boarding local to you, I would go for that. Most places charge about ยฃ6+ per night. If you canโ€™t take them to a boarding service or itโ€™s too expensive for you, i recommend seeing if your neighbour or a family member could look after them while your away, or even check up on them twice a day.

I agree I would try get a freind you can trust or a cattery where they take in rabbits. Thatโ€™s what I do with mine and they are spoilt rottten. I know you will miss him her but at least you have peace of mind knowing he she is safe

To answer your question about bringing a pet into Yosemite, you are allowed to bring dogs/cats so I don't see why you couldn't bring a rabbit. It's not like you'll be walking the rabbit on a leash. I would be weary of taking your rabbit out there though, especially if your rabbit is not used to being outdoors. Hearing unknown sounds, being out in the open for the first time, a rabbit can get spooked real easily. I would also be careful because of RHDV as well.

Is there way you could ask a friend to rabbit-sit while you're out of town?

Latest posts

Back