Any tips for bringing my bunny on a 8 hour car trip?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin

Reaction score
My bunny Pumpkin is a 7-month-old neutered male and I was wondering if anyone has tips for my 8-hour car ride I'm taking him on. I'm leaving for a week and no one can watch him so he needs to come with me.
But if he doesn't eat for the entire car ride, could he go into GI stasis?
How do I make sure he eats besides giving him his favorite treats?
Does anyone have stress relievers or pet remedies that they could recommend that are safe for rabbits?
How do I make him feel as comfortable as possible?
Any other tips?
Thanks!

Agreed! Have plenty of hay and he'll eat if he wants. The following article has helpful tips as well:
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Transport/Car/Car.htm
I always say keep the breaks to a minimum. They get accustomed to the hum of the car but will get alert and somewhat stressed with each stop.

Theo really likes the car so I don't have to worry about stress, but I was thinking you could feed him dried camomile for stress.

I have to do semi-regular 12-hour drives with mine and it has always gone very well, my tip is to make sure to keep your gas tank relatively full. Nothing is scarier than being in the middle of the desert with thirty miles left on your tank and the next gas station is in 28 miles. Have a safe trip!

Latest posts

Back