Any suggestions for flooring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas the Bun πŸ’•πŸ‡

Reaction score
So I'm either going to get NIC grids or a X pen to expand my rabbits cage more. But I want to put something on the ground
- Cause my floors wood and if he decides to pee on the floor my mom would freak

- To help his minor case of sore hicks

PS. Any aesthetically pleasing ways cause we use sometimes use my room as a.guest room so..

I actually sort of like the rug, I use something similar, a 8x9 ft patio rug from Lowes. It works great and a rubber backing (properly laid out so he can't chew it) prevents any urine accidents from ever touching the wood! My rug was one of my most favorite rabbit accessories and worked fantastically!

One thing, however... I would steer you away from the color white, just for the sake of being able to get stains out and keeping the area from looking dirty, even when it's clean. I wouldn't worry too much about dyes, the goal is for him to not chew it and dyes won't be a huge concern if he does. I personally like red, orange (especially with your rabbits's fur color), or green, which hides fur and hay dust really well.

Good luck!

We are laying a huge continuous roll of linoleum under the bunny cage/x-pen area. It has texture which I hope provides the bunnies grip. We also got the thickest mm we could to provide cushioning for them and for us. The linoleum is to protect the carpet underneath/easy clean up. Our looks like old barn wood which really works in terms of decor. The rabbit rescue also suggested heavy cloth tarps (without the plastic backing) which could be washed and would also provide grip. We are trying to do without for ease of maintenance. Year old triplet girls FINALLY coming our way shortly! We've been preparing since March 2020!

I actually sort of like the rug, I use something similar, a 8x9 ft patio rug from Lowes. It works great and a rubber backing (properly laid out so he can't chew it) prevents any urine accidents from ever touching the wood! My rug was one of my most favorite rabbit accessories and worked fantastically!

One thing, however... I would steer you away from the color white, just for the sake of being able to get stains out and keeping the area from looking dirty, even when it's clean. I wouldn't worry too much about dyes, the goal is for him to not chew it and dyes won't be a huge concern if he does. I personally like red, orange (especially with your rabbits's fur color), or green, which hides fur and hay dust really well.

Good luck!
Thanks I think I will use the color red it matches the floor so it won’t look to diffrent (and will kind of hide fur) :)

Latest posts

Back