Any other rabbits molting this time of year?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the heavey shedding when I was pettingthe bunnies on their head. I would always end up with a big ball offur. If I'd scratch a little harder, chunks of hair would fly off...:shock:

Hi! New to this forum!! And a first time bunny owner! :jumpingbunny:

I just started noticing my bunny shedding like crazy too!! Idon't even use a brush now! I just tug at her fur and clumpsof fur come out!! I hope this is normal!! This is the firsttime she's done this

When does this usually seem to happen? January? :bunnydance:

Refering you to my former post. Check the picture.

They shed year round, but they usually should shed every three months, and twice a year of heavy molting. But it varies widely.

proxima centauri wrote:
Both bunnies,especially Bowser, the brown one... she's having heavy molting...patchy! all over... even on the nose!!!!!

Is this normal for bunnies to molt every 3 months!??!

Picture of Bowser after the link.

In the pastcouple weeks, I have gotten enough fur off these rabbits to make atleast another three bunnies :shock: Crazy, crazy shedding...

Emmy has been shedding like crazy! Have to get that brush out. Haha.

Tell me about it..when Emmy sat on her pillow for 10 seconds, when sheleft, fur was all over the pillow! Trina had to vaccumme the thing upbefore my mom freaked out.

K&E

Latest posts

Back