Any other pets? :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 chihuahuas Chia Chloe and Holley. A lab named Bailey a turtle named Mike a lion head bunny named Munchkin Joe and a fish named Squirt. We live way out in the country and there is a pack of feral cats that live in the woods behind our house. The rabbit and all the dogs have been raised together and they all think they’re chihuahuas! It’s so cute. The lab goes over and checks on Munchkin to make sure he’s ok.

Attachments

• A2CE8FDB-3022-442A-B6E9-F1AB190F4290.jpeg
    A2CE8FDB-3022-442A-B6E9-F1AB190F4290.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BB4F5B8E-66C2-41EF-A92E-53A930235EEB.jpeg
    BB4F5B8E-66C2-41EF-A92E-53A930235EEB.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 99151B4D-042F-4DCA-A484-DD0AAADF945F.jpeg
    99151B4D-042F-4DCA-A484-DD0AAADF945F.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7
  • CA62DE51-6B8C-4610-ABDA-FCF8E046D0C5.png
    CA62DE51-6B8C-4610-ABDA-FCF8E046D0C5.png
    782.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 0E885C5C-D65D-432A-815E-FC76D99F9F15.jpeg
    0E885C5C-D65D-432A-815E-FC76D99F9F15.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 7
I have 3 chihuahuas Chia Chloe and Holley. A lab named Bailey a turtle named Mike a lion head bunny named Munchkin Joe and a fish named Squirt. We live way out in the country and there is a pack of feral cats that live in the woods behind our house. The rabbit and all the dogs have been raised together and they all think they’re chihuahuas! It’s so cute. The lab goes over and checks on Munchkin to make sure he’s ok.
Cute! 🥰 And I love the lab especially with that hat on. Lol😂

Ps Your other pets are cute too.

Wow! Cool thread! I thought I was the only one....
We're in the process of adopting a trio of Californian bunny siblings (Addi, Ali, and Anne). We also have 4 cats - Daisy (calico), Violet (Siamese/tabby mix), Lucky (huge ginger cat), and Baker (Lilac Siamese teen), a 90 gallon fish tank with 9 Angels, a school of Runnynose/Neons, 3 Siamese Algae Eaters, and 2 Plecos plus 3 bird feeders and a hummingbird feeder to maintain. Oh - and I have 3 kids at home as well! When other kids visit, they'll ask "How many animals do you have?!!! :)

Felicia, Tootsie, Little Star, Luck, Lollipop, Skipper, Bluebelle, Saffron, Little Red Hen (A highly uncreative nickname that stuck), Beauty, Chief, Wiley,
Those are cute names. ❤ I love the name Bluebelle.

I currently have a cat and dog. I use to own all kinds of animals other than rabbits. Snakes, lizards, tarantulas, birds, mice, rats, etc. Needless to say, I've had a LOT of pets! :D

I have a 3 legged cat, Sammy. I thought this sweet rescue bun, Khaleesi, might be some company for Sammy but I didn’t know female rabbits were territorial so she claimed the house immediately as her’s and for the first year repeatedly attacked the cat. Took a little piece of the cat’s ear off once. Now they sort of peacefully co-exist but if Sammy gets up into Khaleesi’s grill, he gets chased. Funny, the cat could shred the bun but he’s scared of her! And don’t worry, I only let them be together when I am present.
I never knew bunnies could be mean. My rabbit was outside in her exercise pen and a wild rabbit started sitting fairly close and seem interested. She but off a chunk of Lucy's ear. I hadn't had her back on the grass until last week. 2 wild bunnies were chasing each other, then one saw Lucy and they batted at each other like cats do. ....I just had no idea. I hope your cat is a happy girl.

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if any of you have any other pets besides bunnies? :)
Thank you.
- TheBunny7 :D
Well I had cats since I was a kid until about 3 years ago. I also have had a hamster, dog and birds. I have Lucy the rabbit. My husband has fish. They are so old. We had 4 last fall and the same kind slowly died. ..they were really old for fish. We have a ground feeding fish who is about 5 inches long. My husband wants to get a bigger aquarium and get more fish. I do not like them....In my ideal pet world. I would have a privacy fence with rabbits, geese, ducks, chickens running around:)

I literally have a zoo in my house! I have Coco, my free roam rabbit (in my bedroom), Bruce and Shelldon the hermit crabs (in my bedroom), Ghost my Pac-Man frog (in my bedroom), Calypso my male beta fish (5gallon tank in my bedroom), Brixy my jack russel cross mini australien shepherd cross papillon (roams the house), Penny my mini Yorkshire terrier (roams the house), Aspen my Saint Bernard cross German Shepard (guard dog in back yard but comes inside sometimes), Molly my tabby cat (comes in and outside the house as she pleases), Michou my Belameese cat (she comes in and out of the house as she pleases), Venus my female beta (3 gallon half moon tank in the kitchen), Rainbow my Syrian hamster (110 qt bin cage with 9 inch wheel with 6 in of paper bedding), Luna my ball python (55 gallon tank with a heating mat and 3 hides downstairs) and Rocky my boa ( 65 gallon tank with a heat lamp and 3 hides downstairs). No, I don’t live on a farm, I live in the city 😂

Last edited:
I literally have a zoo in my house! I have Coco, my free roam rabbit (in my bedroom), Bruce and Shelldon the hermit crabs (in my bedroom), Ghost my Pac-Man frog (in my bedroom), Calypso my male beta fish (5gallon tank in my bedroom), Brixy my jack russel cross mini australien shepherd cross papillon (roams the house), Penny my mini Yorkshire terrier (roams the house), Aspen my Saint Bernard cross German Shepard (guard dog in back yard but comes inside sometimes), Molly my tabby cat (comes in and outside the house as she pleases), Michou my Belameese
Wow!!! How much do you spend on pet food and supplies? The St. Bernard must eat a lot:) sounds like a fun household. I would like to have more pets. We might rent soonish for a year while the house sells and move out of state in a year or so...to buy hopefully. Who knows....maybe more someday.

Wow!!! How much do you spend on pet food and supplies? The St. Bernard must eat a lot:) sounds like a fun household. I would like to have more pets. We might rent soonish for a year while the house sells and move out of state in a year or so...to buy hopefully. Who knows....maybe more someday.
Well I live with my mom and sisters so my mom buys the food for the dogs and cats, (I am not sure what she pays but it’s quite a bit) and me and my sisters pay for our pets. My sister pays for her snakes mice, my other sister pays for her hamster supplies (she is only 6 and it’s her first pet so I help her out a bit) and I pay for my pets. Coco gets Timothy hay from a local farm where it’s 5 dollars a square bale, so u go through that in about 4 months and then her veggies are like 10 dollars a week and her pellets are 25 dollars every 2 months. For Calypso and Venus, I pay about 10 dollars a month on fish food and then 10 every 4 months for water conditioner. My Pac-Man frog goes through 20 crickets in 3 weeks which is about 4 bucks and then calcium every 4 months is 11 dollars. The hermit crabs get some of what ever Coco hasn’t for veggies as well as some mealworms which is like $10 every 4 months. I buy a big bag of salt for $30 which lasts me like a year. If you include all of the costs of chew toys and treats and plants and filter cartridges and just extra stuff like that, it adds up. Luckily I am able to afford it because I have a summer job, but sometimes it gets a bit hard.

Aww! I love all of your pets! One suggestion I have is to get live plants for your beta fish. Fake plants are very hard and they can cut up your beta fish’s tail. I used to have fake plants with Calypso and he shredded his tail and cut his face up. Now he has a whole tone of scars and looks pretty ruff. Also, how many gallons is your fish tank? Just wondering 🤗

Your fish is so cute! 😃 I have fish, too. Here is a pictures of my fish and BunBun.

Swimmer:
View attachment 48585
Rainbow:
View attachment 48586

BunBun:
View attachment 48588
Does your rabbit get to come inside out of his hutch? Have you thought about moving him inside? Also, I suggest not using fake plants for betas as they cut their fins up and scratch them. Also, with your fish Rainbow, please please please upgrade its tank. Beta fish need at least a 2 gallon and a heater and a filter or bubbler. With small tanks like that, you can not control the temp and you can’t add a filter. Where I live, there is a pretty cool tank at Walmart for $30 that come with everything. It is 3 gallons and it comes with a filter, bubbler and heater.

Does your rabbit get to come inside out of his hutch? Have you thought about moving him inside? Also, I suggest not using fake plants for betas as they cut their fins up and scratch them. Also, with your fish Rainbow, please please please upgrade its tank. Beta fish need at least a 2 gallon and a heater and a filter or bubbler. With small tanks like that, you can not control the temp and you can’t add a filter. Where I live, there is a pretty cool tank at Walmart for $30 that come with everything. It is 3 gallons and it comes with a filter, bubbler and heater.

Does your rabbit get to come inside out of his hutch?
No. He doesn't come in my house, but he does get to run around a lot in a large pen outside of his hutch.
Have you ever thought of moving him inside?
Yes. I tried to move him inside. But it turns out he LOVES being outside. I wanted him to live inside like you said.....but I adopted him from a shelter and they said he was found living outside. Soooo.....it's mean to keep him inside in this case. I want my rabbit to be happy, and he was NOT happy inside.
Also, I suggest not using fake plants for betas as they cut their fins up and scratch them.
That doesn't happen with my fish..... they are just fine.
Also, with your fish Rainbow, please please please upgrade its tank.
Rainbow is a very old fish. And he is sick right now so that's why he doesn't have much room to swim around. I've read that when a fish is sick you put it in a "hospital tank".

Well I live with my mom and sisters so my mom buys the food for the dogs and cats, (I am not sure what she pays but it’s quite a bit) and me and my sisters pay for our pets. My sister pays for her snakes mice, my other sister pays for her hamster supplies (she is only 6 and it’s her first pet so I help her out a bit) and I pay for my pets. Coco gets Timothy hay from a local farm where it’s 5 dollars a square bale, so u go through that in about 4 months and then her veggies are like 10 dollars a week and her pellets are 25 dollars every 2 months. For Calypso and Venus, I pay about 10 dollars a month on fish food and then 10 every 4 months for water conditioner. My Pac-Man frog goes through 20 crickets in 3 weeks which is about 4 bucks and then calcium every 4 months is 11 dollars. The hermit crabs get some of what ever Coco hasn’t for veggies as well as some mealworms which is like $10 every 4 months. I buy a big bag of salt for $30 which lasts me like a year. If you include all of the costs of chew toys and treats and plants and filter cartridges and just extra stuff like that, it adds up. Luckily I am able to afford it because I have a summer job, but sometimes it gets a bit hard.
You are so responsible!

Latest posts

Back