any one have guinea pigs and rabbits play together

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatever4andnomore

Reaction score
we have 3 guinea pigs as well as three rabbits, and they all take turns coming out for play time. The guinea pigs don't seem to mind hanging out with the rabbits, and the rabbits just pretty much ignore the piggies.

However, we have one piggie, Mr Squeekies, that not only asserts his dominance with the other piggies, but he does this to the rabbits as well. They just hop away when he does this, and otherwise ignore him. Tonight Pepsi was just sitting in the middle of the play area and here comes squeekies.........instead of running away from him, he thought his piggie friend was petting him! LOL! Pretty soon, piggie #2, Brownie, comes along and joins in. Apparently Pepsi was clueless and just sat there thinking he was being loved on. LOL!

Anyone else have guinea pigs and rabbits play together. (no, they do not share cages of course.)

Yup! My piggies Parsely and Banjo have there playtime with my rabbit Bambi. They share a run ( not hutches though ). The pigs like to follow Bambi around and when he is out they see him go up to me for food and petting so then they get more confident and come up to me for food as well! It is very cute. Bambi mostly ignoes them. They mostly ignore him. I think it is fine for them to have playtime together.

isn't it funny how much alike, yet how different piggies and bunnies are! I am not sure which I like more, the piggies, or the buns. Can't decide, love them all!

Mr Squeekies is the most adventurous and talkative. Pumpkin Pie is the biggest, yet most timid, and Brownie had the loudest shriek I have heard on a guinea pig!

Black Jack is my baby, so he is my favorite rabbit by default, LOL! He is a bit aloof, but he is the most adventerous of the rabbits and does the best on his leash. SunDancer is calmest and sweetest buns we have had, though she has a spicey side and puts BJ in his place. Pepsi is just the lovable spazz. Sometimes I think he is just going to combust!

Latest posts

Back