Any ideas on what breed Bella is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
th_Bella027.jpg

She is supposedly 9lbs I have not actually weighed her. Idon't know what her age is.Thanks in advance for your help.

She's absolutely stunning! Maybe a Palomino? Without papers, no way to tell for certain, but she sure looks like a Golden Pal :)

Pam

Could be a Palomino, I believe 9 pounds is an average size for that breed. Flemish Giants should weigh more along the lines of 15 pounds, and that's without significant obesity :) It could be a Flemish Giant Mix, but I think it looks more like a Palomino

Thank you very much, if anyone has any links or advice on temperment for this breed? I have looked over the ones in the resource section.

Yes, thank you. I will keep looking. I may have found the answer I was looking for in a rabbit magazine. She is very leary of me and urinates on my stuff. Marking, I think. She does not share any room with Delilah so I know it is not her. THE decision is to whether I should introduce her to Delilah yet or not. I was trying to get her to trust us first. At this point she just runs from me mostly and Robert is not comfortable lifting her up let alone separating the two if there were issues during bonding.

Is this Cubby? I don't blame you for changing her name, Cubby isn't really a girl name! Are you still having problems with her being shy? She hasn't shown any kind of aggression towards you or anything, has she? I'm really sorry, I would have thought she would have come around by now. She was still being a little shy with me when you took her home, but she was willing to come up and be petted as long as I was slow and quiet.

I was told she was a Flemish, I just thought mabye she was a runt. I've never had one of the fawns or sandies, so I didn't thnk about her color.

GG- not to worry, I love her no matter what breed she is and she did not respond to Cubby so we called her Bella which means Beautiful in Italian. Palaminos top weight is 9lbs and she looks just like the website pic. My husband is in love with her and she the same as far as I can tell. They don't touch because she runs if we try and touch her. I did pick her up with a towel the first day to find the source of her scratching which seems to be nerves. I thought that was why she was afraid of me. Now I don't really know what to do. If I lay on the floor with her she pees on my blanket if I get up. A rabbit magazine said that was what they do to their male and I should be honored. I understand but am not so sure.

I let her in either the kitchen or our living room and she is litter trained in her cage finally so I am now going to just add more litter boxes in the other rooms like we did with Delilah. She does not show aggression is just very quick to run or scramble. I try not to come up to her too quickly because I am afraid she is going to hurt herself. She loves phone books so as you probably know that means NO paper can be anywhere on the floor;). I don't want to leave her locked in the kitchen all the time so that is why we let her in the living room/woodfloors as well but she urinates if I go near her or if Hubby tries to herd her back to the cage.

I was researching the breed to see if there is something I need to know that would better the trust issue. Treats have been unsuccessful because she did not know they were treats. Now she likes them and finally will eat the hay and less pellets.

If worse comes to worse, Roberts office is the whole attic and he will move her up there and let her run around all day while he works. I just hate the idea of her being alone at night (6pm-9am). But it is carpeted so she could play all day. There are too many wires to cover all of them so she could not roam when he is not there. SHE is into everything down here. Loves to chew wires. As I said no matter WE LOVE HER!! I started a blog and they suggested I ask her breed. I just do not want to spay her since I don't know her age so I would like her to stop peeing on my stuff and in time I think she will warm up. Any suggestions are welcome.

sorry this is so long.

baci

To tell you the truth, I am pretty certain that she is old enough to spay. Your vet should be able to give you an estimate.

Does Bellaget much of a chance to be on carpet now?

Radar is TERRIFIED of linoleum and wood floors. I'm sure he'd be a peeing, nervous wreck if he was stuck with living on it. He won't step one foot on my wine-coloured painted kitchen floor, although he'll do it (reluctantly) ifI put newspapers down. I thought it was the colour, but now I think it's the traction.

Dill (and his partner in all crimes, Sherry) really hates the bare floor as well, but he's a smart little bunny,he very industriously managed to chew and pull up a couple of tiles, now he andSherry spend their 'down' time and 'time outs' inthechewed up squares. Or at least they did until I put a little piece of carpet down.

Their other hang outs are the couch (not far off from a carpet) and the base of thecat scratch post. They REALLY want to have traction in case of emergencies.

Alongcarpet runner outside her cage, or the attic, might make all the difference.

sas

BACI wrote:
If I lay on the floor with her she pees on my blanket if I get up. A rabbit magazine said that was what they do to their male and I should be honored. I understand but am not so sure.

baci
Thanks for the help

1. my concern is that she is old, atleast by looking her over she appears old and I could not live with myself if I killed her......... but the vet will take a guess next week

2. She only pees on my things not everywhere, so I think it is marking.:sweep

Latest posts

Back