Any Chch people on here?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaira

Reaction score
Are there any Christchurch people on here? If so, how are you? Hope everyones pets are ok! Been watching the special news report all day; there's a lot of mess! T.A. Bunnies, you're in Chch aren't you?:pray:

Good to see no one was killed.

Your house is in one piece then?

From what I've heard from friends, cats were the ones who got scared; dogs and rabbits/rodents don't seem worried at all!

Are the aftershocks bad where you are?

Yeah our house is okay, a few cracks in the walls, some plaster has fallen off... lots of plates etc broken but we're doing okay. Hopefully no big after shocks come and knock our chimney off... everyone around here seems to have lost their chimneys. The aftershocks aren't too strong, but have been reading that a really big one is expected... let's hope not, I don't think this city could handle another!

The cats keep freaking out at every aftershock too, it's weird, we had the bunnies out on the lawn yesterday and they were just stretched out in the sun, not even batting an eyelid with the aftershocks lol. My dog (which lives with my parents) got pretty scared for the first quake, they had to drag her out from under the bed and shut the doors to keep her in the lounge with them... poor baby!

I'm not in chch but I know allot of people up there.

We felt the aftershcoks there were over 61!!
No damage here but I lost a 3 week old bunny who hit his head =( a cage broke and another bunny is nowhere to be seen!

We had very gail force winds last night to, there were trees on fire lol!

Thanks for the pics, wow i didn't know the damage was that bad, no damage like that here!

Wow, seriously? There was a special new report running most of the day on saturday, although I guess you wouldn't have been in any mood to watch tv! There are videos on youtube, too; there are heaps of pics everywhere, actually. It's been estimated it'll cost about several billion; not small!

I watched the news tonight and it said theres now been over 90 afershocks! yeah theres a hell of a mess to clean up and its gonna cost allot, did you watch the news tonight? 3news.

No, I didn't watch any news last night. Were you on it? Hehe.

Apparently the aftershocks are starting to get worse; looks like that big one might be coming soon.

No I wasnt on the news lol no way, they were showing videos during the earthqauke.
Might be* I havent felt any today tho?

Theres also allot of flooding and gail force winds, the news said that there could be another eartquake withing the next few days *scary!*

Bummer; I think the big one hasn't even struck yet.

I haven't felt ANY of the quakes up here; apparently we've been having ones of our own, plus the ones from down there. I think most people up here felt the Saturday one, but I didn't. I'm special. :p

so whats the updates on the situations?? this sounds like it was terrible!! we had an earthquake here over the summer, all i felt of it was a loss of balance, heard the house creaking though i thought it was just the house settling, and my large fish tank had weird water movements going on with it. other then that i didn't really notice anything...

but yea how's the situation turning out there??

Still getting aftershocks, there have been well over 1000 aftershocks now. Latest was a 3.7 this morning around 10.30am, but we don't really notice them anymore! Parts of the central city are still closed, lots of roads are still damaged, a lot of buildings (including the one where my partner's youth charity was) are still uninhabitable but still standing as the demolition crews are so busy. All the earthquake claims have been put through now, billions of dollars of damage... looks like our chimney is going to have to be removed. Things mostly seem back to normal though, apart from not being able to bus/walk/drive around some areas in the city. I know there are still some areas without sewage, as the pipelines have been very damaged and are not functioning properly... they are getting onto repairing this stuff as fast as possible, but there is only one team in CHCH that can do it! Next year looks like it will be a good time for builders, once all the money for repairs from the earthquake commission come through. Retail in the central city has been hurt badly. The central library at my university still isn't open because of the extensive damage caused there... hopefully will be open again next year!

Latest posts

Back