Any babies this week?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUnnieBunnie, u know u love this! lol. QUick question, when can you take the kits out of the nestbox and hold them? Mom didn't realy seem to care when i was moving the fur around to get pictures, she's a pretty laid-back doe, though. ANyways, Tinysmom, the dad is a REW and the mom is a smoke pearl!

Rhapsody wrote:
SUnnieBunnie, u know u love this! lol. QUick question, when can you take the kits out of the nestbox and hold them? Mom didn't realy seem to care when i was moving the fur around to get pictures, she's a pretty laid-back doe, though. ANyways, Tinysmom, the dad is a REW and the mom is a smoke pearl!
Ok...the genotype calculator I use online can't predict for those because we don't know what is behind the REW on the pedigree (parents)......but I'm guessing you will have REWs and not BEWs.

Peg

;) I know, I do love it though! :)

I hold & handle them from the minute they're born - I just make sure my hands are warm first...lol... don't want to give them a rude awakening to Ice hands! I haven't had any issues with does rejecting the babies after being handled... it's so cute though - when I return the kits to thier nestbox in the cage w/the mom, she goes in and investigates, sniffs around, then hops out and goes about her business. That's typical routine.

I like my girls though - other than making me WAIT, they are nice enough to deliver during the daytime hours so I get to watch the birth. I've witnessed most of all my litters be born since my very 1st litter (I got that one on VIDEO!:)) I just need to figure out how in the world to transfer it to the computer so everyone can see too.

LOL. Yea, my girl had here's someti,e between midnight and 3:30...:shock:lol. I she wasn't due for 2 more days either? Oh well, im happy their here! Thanks Tinys Mom! What online calculator are you using anyways? j/w! OH! I just tought about this, the lady that we bought my REW buck from had 2 litters by him that had a BEW each. The mom of one litter was a frosted pearl and the othe was a Broken Orange. So maybe he throws them? IDK. That'd be kinda cool tho...lol. Oh well, REW are really cool too!!!

Well, Summer is sitting in her nestbox - not having her babies yet. I thought for sure she was.....but it just dawned on me - she almost always has her babies at NOON....and its only 11:30...so we'll see what she does this time!

Peg

My babbies are so big and beautiful!

They were 7 days old yesterday!

They have the craziest colors, I don't mind them since they are just pet quality.

There are 2 pure blacks, one black with a white spot, and then 4 chocolate greys or somthing, very cool looking, I will have to get pics!

So, Ichecked on the rabbits this morning (Normal Morning Routine)... AND..........

1 doe was sitting in her nestbox with a very well built nest behind her (no babies or fur yet.... but she inparticular only does this a few hours before kindling).... AND.....

As I type - another doe is KINDLING!!!!!

As soon as she gets out of the nestbox - I'll post pics

These babies are 2 & 3 weeks old....but I'm going to go ahead and post the photos in this week's baby thread (since I'm showing them as a baby in this "stage" of life)...and I'll put them in my lionhead thread too...

Well, she ended up having 2 peanuts... and nothing else ... So I'm going to rebreed her, but I got some pictures anyways....

This is her in the nestbox kindling...

Resized_dcp_0366.jpg

Resized_dcp_0368.jpg

And the babies....

Resized_dcp_0369.jpg

Resized_dcp_0371.jpg

Resized_dcp_0373.jpg

And here's the proud momma "Element" (notice the fur in her mouth - she was pulling more fur to cover them up)

Resized_dcp_0374.jpg

Resized_dcp_0375.jpg

Here's the other doe "Silhouette" that's due anytime -- She's got a FAT belly!

Resized_dcp_0365.jpg

Resized_dcp_0364.jpg

Resized_dcp_0363.jpg

Wow - that is great about your babies! I'm so happy for you.

Harlie had five babies shortly after 4 am this morning. I stayed up to be around the rabbitry because she is an older doe that had only had one litter before - and it wasn't here. I was concerned about one baby - and I was right - it didn't make it. I just checked a bit ago and it had passed away. The others are looking pink - but not full...so I'm not sure if her milk is late coming in or what. If she doesn't nurse them tonight - I'm going to see if Anissa will nurse them the one time and then try Harlie again tomorrow....but of course, I'll try her tonight first.

Harlie seems really proud and posessive of her babies - so that is a good sign. She has a very gentle personality and I think she's going to make a great mama!

Mondayis supposed to be the "big day" for me- as most of my pregnant does are due then...in fact, that is when Harlie was due so that's why I'm concerned about these babies and the milk supply....

Peg

Well, I've been breeding for about three years, all Dutch. I try not to keep many of the babies, though I only keep them if they're show quality like straight saddles and blazes and stuff. I try to only keep ten rabs altogether.

Well - Ainsley had her babies while I took a nap so I could stay up tonight (I have several does due tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night). I came out to find her babies on the wire with mama sitting in the nestbox. She looked at me with big eyes as if pleading for my help.

She had NINE babies - 8 of which were still alive. The one that died might have been stillborn - I couldn't tell for sure. Two of the babies were cold from being on the wire but I think they are warming up - I've been holding them for a few minutes and they feel like they're going to keep their heat now.

I'm really proud of Ainsley - she's a sable point and I mated her to a sable point....so I hope to get.....SABLE POINTS!

Peg

Latest posts

Back