Any appropriate veggies ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorota

Reaction score
Hey, my bunny has recently turned three months old :) She is happy and playful and soon will be getting her vaccines. I’m not sure how old bunnies have to be before they can eat veggies but I read online that it’s 3 months, and I don’t know which vegetables would be suitable or appropriate to start with. I know you’re supposed to introduce them slowly, I just don’t know how many at a time ! Any help out there ?;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13
Cute bun! My litters start eating veggies at 4 weeks, and start them with Romaine lettuce, basil, celery, and a tiny bit of carrot or peapod as a treat. How much does she weigh?

Start with only one type at a time.

It is very important when introducing greens for the first time to a rabbit that you begin with only a single type. (Those who breed and have the mommas on greens are able to start earlier since momma's milk is passing on that tolerance.)

The reason for starting with just one is so that you can monitor how your bunny reacts. If you offer, say, two different kinds and bunny gets mushy poos from that, then you won't know which green caused the problem. (or if both did)

You start with one and just offer a little bit. Then you'll be checking his poos. If all is normal, you continue offering that same type for the next several days. You can increase the amount of that one green if he is tolerating it well. But you stay on that one type for several days - always checking for any change in those poos.

Here is further info on greens and a suggested list of starters.

Hi BlueEyes, Bunster looooves parsley so I'm curious, why is parsley on the occasional list?

Latest posts

Back