Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnySis

Reaction score
This is a forum for all people, or their loved ones who have anxiety. This is a safe place where you can share with other anxiety patients about your or a loved ones anxiety. You can also share your your rabbit(s) or other pet(s) have helped you with your anxiety.

I'll go first,
So I have General anxiety disorder and I also have insomnia. Having both of those has made it really hard for me to be in public and at night I get really anxious and I can't sleep. Which is why I'm writing this at 11:31 pm GMT. I'm looking into getting a service dog for my anxiety, but I'm not sure how to bring it up to my parents. I have to say that I do t have any coping mechanisms when I have anxiety attacks. If anyone has any tips I'd be glad to hear 'em!

Stay safe y'all!

Hi there!

I also live with GAD and Depression, and have almost my whole life. I've seen multiple different therapists over the years and am happy to share tips and help in any way I can. One thing to start, is my bun Dr. Cheese is actually my emotional support animal. My therapist signed off on it as a benefit to my mental health because when I experience extreme emotion and panic, one of my coping mechanisms is taking care of him and even just looking at him. Listening to his hay chewing and just looking at him hopping around is extremely calming and more importantly with GAD, keeps me thinking in the moment.

Next time you are having feelings of GAD, try being mindful and check in on your bun's hay, food, water, maybe go online and get some fun new toys for them, and if all else fails, give them some treats and love. It is very hard to spiral when you are focusing on your companion.

Happy to help in any way I can and I appreciate how you created this open forum for people struggling with the same things like me!

Latest posts

Back