Ants in cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I just finished cleaning out Jingle's cage, and in the back corner there is an ant colony. What do I do? I want to make sure that they don't climb into her fur and bite her, which is one of my main concerns. Has anybody else had this problem with an outdoor rabbit? @Mariam+Theo I know you have an outdoor rabbit! Has this ever happened to you?

I never had this happen with Theo, but at one point we did have a spider problem. Theo actually thought they were his best friends for a while and was very mad at me when I killed them 😂
How often are you cleaning her cage? Was there any food in that corner? I would just wipe the ants up with a paper towel and clean the area with a water and white vinegar mixture. If the ants keep coming back you can put one of these ant traps on the ceiling where she can't get to it.

Every spring we get trails of sugar ants (the tiny ones) coming into our house. After trying all the natural methods, I gave up and now place these Terro outdoor bait stakes outside my house at the location where the trail meets my house. I also wipe down all the areas where I've seen ants because I suspect that they leave some kind of odor trail for each other as they travel. In your case, after cleaning out the nest inside the cage you could just place one stake outside the cage. That should solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back