Ants everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayley

Reaction score
Hello bunny friends, my giant lop had a litter of 5 about 6 weeks ago and I noticed there’s been a lot of ants in the back section of the hutch where the buns have been going to the bathroom, and around moms litter box. I read that they won’t harm my bunny but I just want them gone as the hutch is located inside my enclosed garage. I’ve read about DE and all that but I’m just trying to figure out if there’s something I could do quick at home. I know ants hate black pepper and I read you could sprinkle some to deter them, but would that harm my buns? Please help me lol, thanks! upload_2019-7-6_19-7-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-6_19-5-40.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-6_19-5-40.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 9
you can use vinegar, and try to put less vegetables and fruits out for your bunny
(put out just enough that they eat, and you can keep on adding more throughout the day)

I have used food grade diatomaceous earth for ants. It kills bugs but will not hurt your rabbits, even if they eat it. You might be able to find it at a farm and garden store, or look it up online. It looks like flour. It is also put in food in third world countries, to kill internal parasites. It is also called "Fossil Shell Flour." It is dusty, so you would not want to put it where it will blow around.

Latest posts

Back