Ants everywhere!

Discussion in 'Bunny Chat' started by Kayley, Jul 7, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Jul 7, 2019 #1

Kayley

Kayley

Kayley

Hello bunny friends, my giant lop had a litter of 5 about 6 weeks ago and I noticed there’s been a lot of ants in the back section of the hutch where the buns have been going to the bathroom, and around moms litter box. I read that they won’t harm my bunny but I just want them gone as the hutch is located inside my enclosed garage. I’ve read about DE and all that but I’m just trying to figure out if there’s something I could do quick at home. I know ants hate black pepper and I read you could sprinkle some to deter them, but would that harm my buns? Please help me lol, thanks! upload_2019-7-6_19-7-37.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Jul 8, 2019 #2

Rivka

Rivka

Rivka

you can use vinegar, and try to put less vegetables and fruits out for your bunny
    (put out just enough that they eat, and you can keep on adding more throughout the day)

3. Jul 8, 2019 #3

Niomi

Niomi

Niomi

I have used food grade diatomaceous earth for ants. It kills bugs but will not hurt your rabbits, even if they eat it. You might be able to find it at a farm and garden store, or look it up online. It looks like flour. It is also put in food in third world countries, to kill internal parasites. It is also called "Fossil Shell Flour." It is dusty, so you would not want to put it where it will blow around.