Antibiotics spelled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hi it’s me again,
My bun got antibiotics for possible UTI. Long story short, she spelled two syringes. I have only one left....!
Should I leave it as is? I don’t think i can get anymore, I called yesterday after she spelled the first one this is second one today.

If it isn't just me not understanding (not a native english speaker), would you please rephrase and elaborate that without the word "spelled"?

If it isn't just me not understanding (not a native english speaker), would you please rephrase and elaborate that without the word "spelled"?
Whoops! haha spilled. It’s not me it’s the phone it corrects me when I’m typing and it turns out wrong sometimes. Ha I know how to spell

How do you apply the syringes, inject it?

Anyway, no way to give solid advice here. Phone your vet.

How do you apply the syringes, inject it?

Anyway, no way to give solid advice here. Phone your vet.
I give them to her through the mouth. It’s hard giving it, she hates the taste.
I’ll call again see what they say. Thank you for a response.

Did she tip over the bottle it was in? Or spit out all of the medicine? If she tipped the bottle over I would have put it up higher, but if she is spitting the medicine out I would put banana on the syringe so make her take it. I would call your vet and see if you can get more.

I give medicine by mixing it with some kitchen oatmeal. Somewhat damp, if it's a powder.

Did she tip over the bottle it was in? Or spit out all of the medicine? If she tipped the bottle over I would have put it up higher, but if she is spitting the medicine out I would put banana on the syringe so make her take it. I would call your vet and see if you can get more.
No I wished they’d give me a bottle would have been more helpful. They did it for me by putting the medication in each syringe.

Be sure you aren't putting the syringe directly in her mouth or she may aspirate. The tip of the syringe should be placed in the cheek area -- the place between the outer cheek and the teeth. The added bonus of putting it there is that once a little is squirted in there, she'll automatically start swallowing it. Just do a little at a time to give her time to swallow.

Thanks blue eyes I’ll try it out tomorrow morning. I’ll be careful. She stresses me out sometimes lol. Does your vet flavor your bunnies medication? I asked my vet they said “no, it won’t mix well,” but it was the receptionist telling me that.

Antibiotics are important to finish the full course..... like the full length and not missing days. missing 2 days worth isnt a good idea.
Do you think vet will prescribe me more antibiotics? Without having to pay another co pay? Right know I found a spot of brown urine on my bed. I’m getting stressed out I won’t her to feel better the vet said as long as she got half the doses she’s fine. I’m scared if it’s something worse:/

Latest posts

Back