Anti chew sprays?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone here use anti chew sprays that actually work on rabbits. I’ve looked up reviews and most have very mixed results and some people even think their rabbit actually likes the taste and made the problem worse! I really need something to deter carpet chewing it’s making free ranging very difficult. Even if I’m in the house if I can’t give them my undivided attention they start chewing/scratching the carpet. I’ve tried blocking off the worst areas but isn’t really practical long term and I don’t have enough items to cover all the spaces I need to. I feel terrible as my bunnies should be able to free range whenever we are in the house so at least 4 hours per day minimum and at the minute I can give them about 20-30mins. Really need something to help with this :(

I don’t have enough items to cover all the spaces I need to

Most of the floor in my house is covered with rugs and cardboard, for different reasons though (sore hocks). Cardboard is free and easily replaced when dirty. Granted, it has some advantages living alone ;).

I did try the cardboard trick I put boxes around my rooms for them to chew instead I found it worked to slow them down but eventually they just move them out the way. They can do the same with my large plastic storage boxes if they aren’t heavy enough I was really surprised at how much they were able to move. We do have the worst kind of carpet it is long fibre so very easy to scratch and nibble they are so attracted to it and very determined clapping my hands isn’t even enough to stop them I have to physically move them off the area once they start I don’t know what to do.

No I hadn’t thought of that actually it’s basically all around the edges where the carpet meets the wall and in front of furniture that they want to chew and dig the most. I’d need a lot of tile to cover every edge of the rooms upstairs. I’m worried that by the time I’ve got enough to cover everything it will be just as expensive as replacing the whole floor nearly. If I cover up one spot they just seem to move on to a different bit as well.

Latest posts

Back