Another what breed post

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themacmum

Reaction score
Due to the circumstances of how I ended up with a bunny I don't know much about her so I'm trying to figure out what I can. I know she's a she and that's about it.

I'm not quite sure if she's a spotted or broken. That's the main thing I'm trying to figure out.

For size comparison: Anya is not a tiny buns
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1421246114.058441.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1421246161.032995.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1421246206.404741.jpg

Thanks

Definitely a mixed breed and without a crystal ball (ours is in the shop) it's hard to say. Her markings look a lot like our boy Finn--he was a Havana/Mini Rex mix or so we were told. We have a few pics of him in the Rainbow Bridge as he passed away last year. She is a cutie. If she hasn't been neutered, you should seriously think about getting it done.

A weight would be useful

I don't have a scale in my house so I don't know her weight yet. When I take her to the vet for a checkup I'll weigh her then.

I'm not sure if she's been neutered yet. Will the vet/me be able to tell externally?

I'm perfectly ok with her official parentage being "mutt". She's adorable and snuggly and I don't need anymore info than that. I just didn't know if there was a definite answer. Thanks.

For what it's worth, I'd go with "broken" rather than one of the "Spot" breeds, but I'm not a breeder so take that with a grain of salt. The spots on her sides look to be fairly random rather than regular and symmetrical, and she's missing the "butterfly" on her nose. Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't some English Spot or Checkered Giant in the mix.

We have a page in our RO Rabbit Identification Key for "spotted" fur. See http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=77963

Her body type is that of a commercial breed. I would definitely guess one of those (New Zealand or satin mix maybe?). Her color is definitely broken (basically the formal word in the rabbit world for spotted). Her color I can't tell from the pictures. A weight would definitely be nice to know. Judging by her size id say 8-10lbs at least. Her head and ears are small for her body so I might guess she was mixed with a smaller breed but who knows.

Latest posts

Back