Another rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I might be getting another rabbit soon. I would bond Bunbun and the new rabbit together. Does anyone have tips for bonding rabbits? How did your rabbits bond? I want to try and get another rabbit before Christmas because some people get rabbits for Christmas then abandon them, so I would be rescuing the new bun.

If you'd like to rescue a bun, you may want to wait until after Christmas... that may be when rabbits bought for Christmas are given up to a shelter -- after the new owners decide they are too much work. But that might not be until a couple months after Christmas. If you'd rather not wait that long, then go ahead and look at what rabbit rescues have available now. Be sure to let them know that you already have a rabbit so that they know you are looking to bond. This way they can help with pre-screening for potential compatibility.

The keys for finding a match are to be sure that both rabbits are already fixed. Then the rescue typically will have you bring your bun to meet some of their buns to see what looks like a potential match.

The process can vary greatly depending on the individual personalities of each rabbit. Some bondings are smooth and easy while others take much time and effort. You may want to keep that in mind when deciding the timing of when to get another rabbit. If Christmas time is hectic and busy at your home, then this may not be the ideal time to get a rabbit. If the bonding ends up being time-consuming, you may not have the time & energy amidst Christmas activities to keep a close eye on them and spend time monitoring them.

Another key to bonding is to read up as much as you can about what to look for and when to intervene. Here is a resource with further links:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

Latest posts

Back