Another mistake!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinto

Reaction score
First of all, a short update about my situation. Recently, my bonding with Tinto has been going quite well, he even lets me sleep almost until 6 a.m., making just occasionally smaller noises. He has been more or less calm without any aggressive behavior such as chewing on the bars. Every now and then he digs/bites on my sleeves, which I wonder could be a sign of excitement or asking for a treat...

However, I got the idea of cleaning his litter box (that triangle kind of thing in the corner of the cage) by washing it and I used some white vinegar to remove the rests of the urine etc. I had been so happy that he was litter trained, but after I washed it and cleaned several times with pure water too, he doesn't go there any more. I really hate myself!!!! Does he dislike the smell (which I don't feel at all)? Or is the thing foreign to him now?

Yesterday he peed at various places in the cage and I had to clean it all. I tried to take some of the urine with a paper tissue and to put it back on the litter box so that he can feel his own smell. I wonder if this is going to work... Please if you have any advice tell me! Or learn from my mistake at least :))))

Yes, it’s a good idea to keep newspaper in his litter box that smell of his urine. What I do is keep that at the bottom, then I add absorbent litter paper, then a thin layer of hay, then place the grill on, and on top of the grill, at the corner, I place a handful of Timothy hay, and inside the hay, I hide one or two bunny treats in there to entice my bun to her litter box. Works like a charm!

Latest posts

Back