Another Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbolar

Reaction score
Now that Ralph is eating again and back to hisold self, I've actually been pondering the idea of a second rabbit.I've had Ralph since infancy for about a year now. (and I owe it all tothis site!) And when I first had him, I was working from home so Icould be with him and play with him all day. He had free reign of thehouse. Now the nature of my job and my husband's job demands that wework 5 days a week in the office. I've been having some major guiltissues about leaving Ralph by himself. I've construced a very large penfor him and he has toys and I let him out in the morning and firstthing when I come home and he's with us all evening. But I still feelbad. Would it be a benefit to him to have a buddy? He is not neuteredbut I have not had any behavioral problems due to hormones, but Iassume if I got another (male OR female) there might be trouble. Whatdo you all think. Is it better if they're with another bunny or is itbetter not to "rock the boat". I just don't want him to be alone andbored.

I think he should definitely be neutered whetherhe has a partner or not. But he definitely can't be with another rabbitunless he is neutered.

Bonding bunnies is very rewarding once it has succeeded but it can be ahard road. Best thing is to take your bunny to a local shelter (wherethe bunnies will already be spayed/neutered) and let him choose apartner.

Also we have many bonding experts on here who can give you advice.

When you have multiple bunnies as pets, do younormally keep them together all the time once they've bonded? Or do youkeep them in respective pens?

Latest posts

Back